Artist: Pau Casals - MusicBrainz

Andrew Conkling
<base href="data:"><base href="data:">
I don't know too much about Pablo Casals, but it seems to me that the Pau Casals (his legal name: http://musicbrainz.org/artist/2fcffd9a-f02a-4a2c-8085-6257f918949d.html) shouldn't have any releases under it (just as Madonna doesn't have any releases under Madonna Louise Veronica Ciccone).

Can anyone clarify this? Or know whether he performed under both?

Thanks,
Andrew

Andrew Conkling
http://andrewski.net

Re: Artist: Pau Casals - MusicBrainz

Pete Marsh
<BASE href=data:>
found this one

I don't know too much about Pablo Casals, but it seems to me that the Pau Casals (his legal name: http://musicbrainz.org/artist/2fcffd9a-f02a-4a2c-8085-6257f918949d.html) shouldn't have any releases under it (just as Madonna doesn't have any releases under Madonna Louise Veronica Ciccone).

Can anyone clarify this? Or know whether he performed under both?

Thanks,
Andrew

http://www.bbc.co.uk

Re: Artist: Pau Casals - MusicBrainz

Andrew Conkling-2
Thanks; I suppose it would depend on which releases are released under which name, but it makes sense.

Cheers!

On Jun 11, 2010, at 10:49, Pete Marsh wrote:

found this one

Re: Artist: Pau Casals - MusicBrainz

Leiv Hellebo-3
Would it not be better if all Casals releases were found under the same
artist? The minor difference between the two names seems to be of no
more interest than the difference between "George Frideric Handel" and
"Georg Friedrich Händel", and we only have the latter on MB.

How about moving Pau Casals releases to Pablo Casals and reversing the
aliases (removing "Pablo" for Pau, adding "Pau" for Pablo)?

Leiv / leivhe

On Jun 11, 2010, at 16:09, Leiv Hellebo wrote:
> Would it not be better if all Casals releases were found under the same
> artist? The minor difference between the two names seems to be of no
> more interest than the difference between "George Frideric Handel" and
> "Georg Friedrich Händel", and we only have the latter on MB.
>
> How about moving Pau Casals releases to Pablo Casals and reversing the
> aliases (removing "Pablo" for Pau, adding "Pau" for Pablo)?

That's what I was thinking we may want to do, but I simply don't know enough about the difference in Casals' case to know if that's the best way to proceed.

On 11. juni 2010 13:43, Andrew Conkling wrote:

> On Jun 11, 2010, at 16:09, Leiv Hellebo wrote:
>> Would it not be better if all Casals releases were found under the same
>> artist? The minor difference between the two names seems to be of no
>> more interest than the difference between "George Frideric Handel" and
>> "Georg Friedrich Händel", and we only have the latter on MB.
>>
>> How about moving Pau Casals releases to Pablo Casals and reversing the
>> aliases (removing "Pablo" for Pau, adding "Pau" for Pablo)?
>
> That's what I was thinking we may want to do, but I simply don't know enough about the difference in Casals' case to know if that's the best way to proceed.

I checked the covers, and they all have Pablo on the cover, so I don't
think moving them would be wrong.

Re: Artist: Pau Casals - MusicBrainz

Dylan_05
Yeah Pau Casals was very famous and popular as a best cellist. I have great collections of his music albums and always try to play and learn cello from his albums.