Autoeditor Election: Wheeljack

Laurent Monin
On 2015-01-21 12:59, The Returning Officer wrote:
> Voting in this election is now open:
>
> Candidate: Wheeljack
>            http://musicbrainz.org/user/Wheeljack
> Proposer:  Zas
>            http://musicbrainz.org/user/Zas
> Seconder:  DrMuller
>            http://musicbrainz.org/user/DrMuller
> Seconder:  KRSCuan
>            http://musicbrainz.org/user/KRSCuan
>
> * Voting will now remain open for the next 1 week
> * Alternatively, Zas may withdraw the proposal
>
> Please participate:
> http://musicbrainz.org/election/289

Hello,
It is customary to send a mail to the mailing list explaining the
reasons behind a nomination. It doesn't have to be long ;)

Hello i wasn't aware of this (nor i was subscribed to this list). About the reasons behind Wheeljack's nomination, it is quite simple, he just does a very good job, fixing a lot of south american and spanish releases, and according to his edits a lot is needed in this field. His edits are well commented, with clear sources and reasons when needed (i almost never had to request more infos). Any voter checking his edit history will noticed he is respectful to guidelines. Overall, he just makes MB database better, having him as auto-editor can't hurt. Note: as today, i'm the only subscriber to his changes, so basically no one ever voted No to one of his edits, but since no one ever voted Yes ... I think this is where the Vote system fails, but fortunately Wheeljack does a pretty good job in a field where MB lacks editors. By advance, i thank all to accept him as a new auto-editor. -- Zas PS: thanks to ianmcorvidae who informed me about this