CSG Track Artist and Release Editor

Frederic Da Vitoria
Hello,

If I am not mistaken, the Release Editor automatically and transparently copies the Release Artist edits to the tracks. This means that in classical music, editors must remember of this and go to their edits list and cancel the automatic track edits. Not user-friendly IMO. There used to be a checkbox to command this but it was removed. Is there any hope this situation could improve?

Re: CSG Track Artist and Release Editor

Nicolás Tamargo de Eguren
On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 2:10 PM, Frederic Da Vitoria <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

If I am not mistaken, the Release Editor automatically and transparently copies the Release Artist edits to the tracks. This means that in classical music, editors must remember of this and go to their edits list and cancel the automatic track edits. Not user-friendly IMO. There used to be a checkbox to command this but it was removed. Is there any hope this situation could improve?

Well, you *can* go into the tracklist page and change the artists back, which is quite easy with the copyable artist credits script, but yeah, still kinda annoying.

I'll see if I can get some discussion about classical going on during the summit this weekend, and report on anything that happens :)

2013/9/19 Nicolás Tamargo de Eguren <[hidden email]>
On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 2:10 PM, Frederic Da Vitoria <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

If I am not mistaken, the Release Editor automatically and transparently copies the Release Artist edits to the tracks. This means that in classical music, editors must remember of this and go to their edits list and cancel the automatic track edits. Not user-friendly IMO. There used to be a checkbox to command this but it was removed. Is there any hope this situation could improve?

Well, you *can* go into the tracklist page and change the artists back, which is quite easy with the copyable artist credits script, but yeah, still kinda annoying.

I'll see if I can get some discussion about classical going on during the summit this weekend, and report on anything that happens :)

Thanks. What makes things worse IMO is that this is invisible. I am sure a lot bad track artist edits go through not because the editor did not know the rules but because he forgot MB did this automatically.