Chinese Opera listening test --- Call for participation

Chinese Opera listening test --- Call for participation

Mi Tian
(Apologies for cross-posting)

Call for participation, please distribute widely - A cross-cultural study of music perception on Chinese Opera

Dear mb list,

We are conducting an experiment to explore how music perception varies across different cultures. We would like to invite you to participate in this experiment and we hope you will have some fun enjoying music of another culture.

In the listening test, you will be asked to listening to 30 second sound excepts and locate your perceived emotion on a two dimensional plane corresponding to a psychological model of mood. Please also choose (or type) a single mood word expressed by the music. The 120 samples used in the experiment are Chinese Opera arias with and without background accompaniment. Please listen to as many tracks as you feel convenient. It will take about 50 minutes to complete the entire test.

The link to the test can be found below. It is available in English and Chinese:
http://www.isophonics.net/content/chinese-opera-listening-test

If you have questions, comments or other enquiries, please contact Mi Tian ([hidden email]) We really appreciate your help and comments in any form!

Best regards,
Mi Tian, George Fazekas

Centre for Digital Music
Queen Mary University of London

Re: Chinese Opera listening test --- Call for participation

Mi Tian
Dear Cornel,

Sorry for the confusion, these two are not well supported for the html audio api reason. I think I've put it in the welcome page saying browsers should be one of IE, chrome and safari. I should have put it in the circulation email as well :(

If you have further questions please let me know (hopefully there are not ). Thanks a lot!

Mi