Chinese Opera listening test --- Call for participation

Chinese Opera listening test --- Call for participation

Mi Tian
Apologies for cross-posting. Call for participation, please distribute widely - A cross-cultural study of music perception on Chinese Opera

Dear mb list,

Thank you very much for all who participated in our listening test so far, as well as your valuable comments and feedback.
We need a few more participants before our results are conclusive.

We are conducting an experiment to explore how music perception varies across different cultures. We would like to invite you to participate in this experiment and we hope you will have some fun enjoying music of another culture.

In the listening test, you will be asked to listen to 30 second sound excepts and locate your perceived emotion on a two dimensional plane corresponding to a psychological model of mood. Please also choose (or type) a single mood word expressed by the music. The 120 samples used in the experiment are Chinese Opera arias with and without background accompaniment.

It will take about 50 minutes to complete the entire test. The link to the test can be found below. It is available in English and Chinese:

If you have questions, comments or other enquiries, please contact Mi Tian ([hidden email]) We really appreciate your help and comments in any form!

Best regards,
Mi Tian, George Fazekas, Dawn Black

Centre for Digital Music
Queen Mary University of London