Classical Guess Case

Nicolás Tamargo de Eguren
Hi! I am proposing the removal of the classical guess case mode, which is outdated and actually makes changes that go against the new classical guidelines. I wanted to ask first if someone here actually uses it and sees enough use for it that we should be fixing it instead (none of the few classical editors active on IRC had ever used it and some didn't even know it existed). If I don't get a clear opposition to its removal, I'll reopen this ticket so that it gets done (eventually...).

http://tickets.musicbrainz.org/browse/MBS-5206

Re: Classical Guess Case

monxton
On 24/08/2012 16:52, Nicolás Tamargo de Eguren wrote:
> Hi! I am proposing the removal of the classical guess case mode, which
> is outdated and actually makes changes that go against the new classical
> guidelines. I wanted to ask first if someone here actually uses it and
> sees enough use for it that we should be fixing it instead (none of the
> few classical editors active on IRC had ever used it and some didn't
> even know it existed). If I don't get a clear opposition to its removal,
> I'll reopen this ticket so that it gets done (eventually...).
>
> http://tickets.musicbrainz.org/browse/MBS-5206

Tried it a few times, and found it messed up more than it fixed, so gave up.

Re: Classical Guess Case

Ryan Torchia

On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 1:48 AM, monxton <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 24/08/2012 16:52, Nicolás Tamargo de Eguren wrote:
> Hi! I am proposing the removal of the classical guess case mode, which
> is outdated and actually makes changes that go against the new classical
> guidelines. I wanted to ask first if someone here actually uses it and
> sees enough use for it that we should be fixing it instead (none of the
> few classical editors active on IRC had ever used it and some didn't
> even know it existed). If I don't get a clear opposition to its removal,
> I'll reopen this ticket so that it gets done (eventually...).
>
> http://tickets.musicbrainz.org/browse/MBS-5206

Tried it a few times, and found it messed up more than it fixed, so gave up.

I would use it if it worked better.  Any chance we can just make it so it helps capitalize/format things like "opus" and opus numbers, "for [instrument name(s)]", etc. correctly.
--Torc.

Re: Classical Guess Case

lorenz pressler
Am 08.09.2012, 13:43 Uhr, schrieb Ryan Torchia <[hidden email]>:

> I would use it if it worked better.  Any chance we can just make it so it
> helps capitalize/format things like "opus" and opus numbers, "for
> [instrument name(s)]", etc. correctly.

since we support multiple languages with their own rules within classical,
i doubt it will be feasible. "classical" would have to be an extra
checkbox in addition to the language.
that reminds me i still have to rewrite csg/german..

whatever will be in the future the current classical guessing should be
removed for now.

best, lorenz