Correcting a blunder.

David Owen
I have just entered details for a CD and failed to notice that somehow I
managed to clear the times for the last 3 tracks.  Is there any
relatively quick way to correct the blunder?  I tried to update the
times, but it says there is an associated discID, making editing the
times impossible (which I understand).  I tried to remove the
(presumably incorrect) discID but that is now in the normal 2 week cycle.

Suggestions welcome.

Thanks

Re: Correcting a blunder.

Nicolás Tamargo de Eguren
On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 2:30 AM, David Owen <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have just entered details for a CD and failed to notice that somehow I
managed to clear the times for the last 3 tracks.  Is there any
relatively quick way to correct the blunder?  I tried to update the
times, but it says there is an associated discID, making editing the
times impossible (which I understand).  I tried to remove the
(presumably incorrect) discID but that is now in the normal 2 week cycle.

If you added the release from a CD, the discID should be fine. The missing track times should probably be added automatically from it eventually, or you can click on the discID tab, then on the discID, then on "Set track times".

If the discID is wrong and ended up there by mistake, then it's a problem and we should remove it and then fix it.

A link to the release in question wouldn't hurt, to check ;)

Re: Correcting a blunder.

David Owen
On 2014-04-03, 5:33 PM, Nicolás Tamargo de Eguren wrote:
On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 2:30 AM, David Owen <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have just entered details for a CD and failed to notice that somehow I
managed to clear the times for the last 3 tracks.  Is there any
relatively quick way to correct the blunder?  I tried to update the
times, but it says there is an associated discID, making editing the
times impossible (which I understand).  I tried to remove the
(presumably incorrect) discID but that is now in the normal 2 week cycle.

If you added the release from a CD, the discID should be fine. The missing track times should probably be added automatically from it eventually, or you can click on the discID tab, then on the discID, then on "Set track times".
When I go in to set the track times, it has my erroneous set in red and the correct set in green (times verified by CD Player and Banshee).  Does that mean it has already been auto corrected but has not filtered through yet?  SoundJuicer still shows "(unknown)" for the 3 track times when it retrieves the data.

If the discID is wrong and ended up there by mistake, then it's a problem and we should remove it and then fix it.
I believe that the discID is correct.  I put the CD in again and it came up fine in SoundJuicer, so presumably it is OK.  I have deleted the "Remove discID" edit.

A link to the release in question wouldn't hurt, to check ;)

Ah yes, would have helped!

http://musicbrainz.org/release/5797e1d9-3922-4438-bddb-81f96a05f67a

Thanks

David

Re: Correcting a blunder.

Nicolás Tamargo de Eguren
On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 3:26 AM, David Owen <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 2014-04-03, 5:33 PM, Nicolás Tamargo de Eguren wrote:
[...]

No, that's just a diff. Since the discID is correct, I've just auto-edited the Set track times edit - should be fine now :)

Re: Correcting a blunder.

David Owen