[GSOC '14] Introduction

Bogdan Daniel NICULA

Hi guys,

I've just gone thorough your list of possible projects for GSOC 2014 and it is quite attractive. I'm especially interested in 'migrating' your search to SOLR. But it's not the only one that caught my eye.

Could you give me some pointers on what I can do to better familiarize myself with the project and on how I could prove my worth(hope it doesn't sound overly-dramatic) to you?

Thanks,

Bogdan

Re: [GSOC '14] Introduction

"Frederik “Freso” S. Olesen"
Den 08-03-2014 18:58, Bogdan Daniel NICULA skrev:
> I've just gone thorough your list of possible projects for GSOC 2014 and
> it is quite attractive. I'm especially interested in 'migrating' your
> search to SOLR. But it's not the only one that caught my eye.
>

> Could you give me some pointers on what I can do to better familiarize
> myself with the project and on how I could prove my worth(hope it
> doesn't sound overly-dramatic) to you?

Read http://terriko.dreamwidth.org/148746.html

Then read https://musicbrainz.org/doc/How_to_Contribute

Then figure out what project you want to do (for the record, there's a
darn strong contender for the SOLR project, so I wouldn't get my hopes
up for applying for that one) and draft a proposal and send it to the
-devel mailing list for discussion.

--
Namasté,
Frederik "Freso" S. Olesen <http://freso.dk/>