GSoC 2015 questions

Даниель Блиндер
Hello everyone.
My name is Daniel, I'm currently a third year student pursuing a Bachelor of Applied Math degree in Odessa National University in Ukraine.
I'm interested in contributing to musicbrainz project, because I really love music and want to share my passion with other people.
I have 1 year experince in Java programming (Android apps and high-load web services  development). I want to improve musicbrainz's search engine, both lucene back-end and site front-end, if necessary. How can I learn in detail about this tasks (requirements, desirable outcome etc.)
Thanks in advance,
Daniel.