Hello Everyone

Michael Norris
Hello Everyone,

I found this mailing list on the MusicBrainz website. I am trying to get a MySQL version of the database working. The github project is no longer being maintained and doesn't work.

I am working on my final project for my third year at university and I was wondering if someone could lend a hand with respect to getting access to the data.

If this is something you could help with that would be great. Please drop me an email.

Re: Hello Everyone

Paul Taylor-2
On 09/10/2013 13:26, Michael Norris wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I found this mailing list on the MusicBrainz website. I am trying to get a MySQL version of the database working. The github project is no longer being maintained and doesn't work.

I am working on my final project for my third year at university and I was wondering if someone could lend a hand with respect to getting access to the data.

If this is something you could help with that would be great. Please drop me an email.

Regards,

Hi Mike

I'm afraid that Musicbrainz is very much tied to Postgres, and that tight coupling it set to increase, the view of the Muscbrainz dev is very much we use Postgres if you don't tough luck.
So you need to think to yourself do you really HAVE to use Mysql

Paul

Re: Hello Everyone

Bjoern Hoehrmann
* Michael Norris wrote:
>I found this mailing list on the MusicBrainz website. I am trying to get
>a MySQL version of the database working. The github project is no longer
>being maintained and doesn't work.

My https://github.com/hoehrmann/musicbrainz2sqlite is a Perl script that
creates a sqlite database from a mbdumb file with the help of the module
`SQL::Translator::Parser::PostgreSQL` which I found imperfect but close
enough to be suitable for the task. Converting to MySQL might be as easy
as asking for MySQL output and changing the database connection string.