How do you import a smart playlist?

Dale Amon
I'm looking for a way to generate a whole bunch of xspf
files from Album, Title, Creator info from ancient top 40
lists of the 1950's, 60's and 70's.

I can easily enough generate one in emacs:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<playlist version="1" xmlns = "http://xspf.org/ns/0/">
  <trackList>
    <track>
        <title>Turtle Blues</title>
        <album>Cheap Thrills</album>
        <creator>Janis Joplin</creator>
    </track>
  </trackList>
</playlist>

But it fails when I try to import it and I presume that
is because it is limiting imports to ones which have
a defined location rather than just doing what I want,
which is "if this song exists on my computer, find it"
which is what smart lists do.

Dale Amon

PS: I tried Clementine since it seems to do this if you
type information into its own form; however I could not find
a way to get it to import mine.

Re: How do you import a smart playlist?

Lucas Gonze-2
What are you importing it into, Dale?

On Tue, Jan 5, 2016 at 8:50 PM, Dale Amon <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm looking for a way to generate a whole bunch of xspf
> files from Album, Title, Creator info from ancient top 40
> lists of the 1950's, 60's and 70's.
>
> I can easily enough generate one in emacs:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <playlist version="1" xmlns = "http://xspf.org/ns/0/">
>   <trackList>
>     <track>
>         <title>Turtle Blues</title>
>         <album>Cheap Thrills</album>
>         <creator>Janis Joplin</creator>
>     </track>
>   </trackList>
> </playlist>
>
> But it fails when I try to import it and I presume that
> is because it is limiting imports to ones which have
> a defined location rather than just doing what I want,
> which is "if this song exists on my computer, find it"
> which is what smart lists do.
>
> Dale Amon
>
> PS: I tried Clementine since it seems to do this if you
> type information into its own form; however I could not find
> a way to get it to import mine.

Re: How do you import a smart playlist?

Lucas Gonze-2
Have you tried Tomahawk?