How to add 2nd disc to newly created release?

How to add 2nd disc to newly created release?

Johann Schoonees
Sorry if this is a patently newbie question:

I've just registered with MusicBrainz, read a lot of documentation, and
added my first release which is a 3 CD album.  I created a release
group, a release, and a tracklist of the 1st CD.

Later when I returned to add tracklists for the 2nd and 3rd CDs, I could
not find the release.  Searching for it says "no such release".

The release edit under my profile says "expires in 6 days".  Does that
mean I have to wait 6 days before I can add the 2nd and 3rd discs?
(Assuming the edit gets a vote?)

Johann

Re: How to add 2nd disc to newly created release?

Rob Keeney-2
What is your MBZ username and what’s the edit#? Maybe we can help.

Pianissimo84
Rob……….
On Mar 14, 2015, at 4:27 AM, Johann Schoonees <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sorry if this is a patently newbie question:
>
> I've just registered with MusicBrainz, read a lot of documentation, and
> added my first release which is a 3 CD album.  I created a release
> group, a release, and a tracklist of the 1st CD.
>
> Later when I returned to add tracklists for the 2nd and 3rd CDs, I could
> not find the release.  Searching for it says "no such release".
>
> The release edit under my profile says "expires in 6 days".  Does that
> mean I have to wait 6 days before I can add the 2nd and 3rd discs?
> (Assuming the edit gets a vote?)
>
> Johann

Re: How to add 2nd disc to newly created release?

Cheezmo
It takes a while for a new release to get indexed.  So, just go to “My Open Edits” (under the “my data” section).  There you should find your edit to create the new release.  Select the release name from your edit, then you can simply edit it again and add the new CD’s.  Adding a new medium is an auto edit so it will be reflected immediately.

> On Mar 14, 2015, at 3:27 AM, Johann Schoonees <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Sorry if this is a patently newbie question:
>
> I've just registered with MusicBrainz, read a lot of documentation, and
> added my first release which is a 3 CD album.  I created a release
> group, a release, and a tracklist of the 1st CD.
>
> Later when I returned to add tracklists for the 2nd and 3rd CDs, I could
> not find the release.  Searching for it says "no such release".
>
> The release edit under my profile says "expires in 6 days".  Does that
> mean I have to wait 6 days before I can add the 2nd and 3rd discs?
> (Assuming the edit gets a vote?)
>
> Johann

Steve Martin

Re: How to add 2nd disc to newly created release?

tommycrock
Doing what Steve Martin said works. Also, if it's a release for an existing artist you can navigate to it from their page - it's listed there immediately.

Re: How to add 2nd disc to newly created release?

Robert Bihlmeyer
Am 2015-03-14 um 16:01 schrieb Steve Martin:
> It takes a while for a new release to get indexed.  So, just go to “My Open Edits” (under the “my data” section).
That's probably easiest. Another way to find a
new-therefore-not-yet-indexed release (or artist, etc.) is to go to
"Search" from the orange navigation menu, and select the "direct
database search" method.

--
Robbe