Merging Eurovision Song Contest: Baku 2012

Merging Eurovision Song Contest: Baku 2012

Philip Jägenstedt
http://musicbrainz.org/edit/17768133
http://musicbrainz.org/edit/17768125

Some quick votes on this would be appreciated, since presumably a lot
of people will be editing and tagging this release just about now.

--
Philip Jägenstedt

Re: Merging Eurovision Song Contest: Baku 2012

Andïï
On 27 May 2012 08:30, Philip Jägenstedt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> http://musicbrainz.org/edit/17768133
> http://musicbrainz.org/edit/17768125
>
> Some quick votes on this would be appreciated, since presumably a lot
> of people will be editing and tagging this release just about now.
>
> --
> Philip Jägenstedt

This was rushed through and I would have voted no.  I've added back the UK entry
I made with the correct release date that you destroyed in this edit.

When there are different release dates for different countries, and
different URLs (e.g. Amazon links),
it's not correct to merge them all into one.  The main reason for
having releases in NGS is to
store the event (date, label, country, etc.). The tracklist can be shared.
--
Andii :-)

On Sun, May 27, 2012 at 6:47 PM, Andii Hughes <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 27 May 2012 08:30, Philip Jägenstedt <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> http://musicbrainz.org/edit/17768133
>> http://musicbrainz.org/edit/17768125
>>
>> Some quick votes on this would be appreciated, since presumably a lot
>> of people will be editing and tagging this release just about now.
>>

> This was rushed through and I would have voted no.  I've added back the UK entry
> I made with the correct release date that you destroyed in this edit.
>
> When there are different release dates for different countries, and
> different URLs (e.g. Amazon links),
> it's not correct to merge them all into one.  The main reason for
> having releases in NGS is to
> store the event (date, label, country, etc.). The tracklist can be shared.

It's fine to disagree and discuss, but don't use auto-editor
privileges to apply edits that you know someone will disagree with.
I'll assume it was an honest mistake, but please tread more carefully
next time.

Let's keep discussion on the actual issue in
http://musicbrainz.org/edit/17726019

On 27 May 2012 18:47, Philip Jägenstedt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sun, May 27, 2012 at 6:47 PM, Andii Hughes <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On 27 May 2012 08:30, Philip Jägenstedt <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> http://musicbrainz.org/edit/17768133
>>> http://musicbrainz.org/edit/17768125
>>>
>>> Some quick votes on this would be appreciated, since presumably a lot
>>> of people will be editing and tagging this release just about now.
>>>

>> This was rushed through and I would have voted no.  I've added back the UK entry
>> I made with the correct release date that you destroyed in this edit.
>>
>> When there are different release dates for different countries, and
>> different URLs (e.g. Amazon links),
>> it's not correct to merge them all into one.  The main reason for
>> having releases in NGS is to
>> store the event (date, label, country, etc.). The tracklist can be shared.
>
> It's fine to disagree and discuss, but don't use auto-editor
> privileges to apply edits that you know someone will disagree with.

Then don't rush through destructive edits.  I'm just restoring my
previous work that you removed.

> I'll assume it was an honest mistake, but please tread more carefully
> next time.

I thought yours were auto-edits.  They went through so quickly they
may as well have been.

> Let's keep discussion on the actual issue in
> http://musicbrainz.org/edit/17726019
>
> --
> Philip Jägenstedt

Andii :-)