Missing cover art type?

lixobix
https://musicbrainz.org/doc/Cover_Art/Types

It seems there is a missing cover art type: inside.

This describes the art on the opposite side of the front cover for a CD etc. that contains a simple two-sided print, or the inside panel(s) of a gatefold sleeve.

Booklet does not work, as this is "a small book or group of pages"

Nor Tray: "The image behind or on the tray containing the medium"

Nor Liner: "A liner is a protective sleeve surrounding a medium"

Am I wrong?

Re: Missing cover art type?

Alex Mauer
On 09/24/2014 07:36 AM, lixobix wrote:

> https://musicbrainz.org/doc/Cover_Art/Types
>

> It seems there is a missing cover art type: inside.
>
> This describes the art on the opposite side of the front cover for a CD etc.
> that contains a simple two-sided print, or the inside panel(s) of a gatefold
> sleeve.
>
> Booklet does not work, as this is "a small book or group of pages"

I would use booklet, as it is functionally the same as a booklet (the
artwork ends up in the same place as the back side of the booklet would)

Re: Missing cover art type?

lixobix
In that case the definition of booklet needs to be changed, but I don't see how booklet could be redefined as a single print on the reverse of the front or back cover. Why would inside be too vague?

Re: Missing cover art type?

tommycrock

On 29 September 2014 16:09, lixobix <[hidden email]> wrote:
In that case the definition of booklet needs to be changed, but I don't see
how booklet could be redefined as a single print on the reverse of the front
or back cover. Why would inside be too vague?

I just guess inside could be lots of things depending on how people see it (inside a booklet, anything inside the outer packaging ...) but it would be good to deal with some of these cases better

Re: Missing cover art type?

lixobix
tommycrock wrote
On 29 September 2014 16:09, lixobix <[hidden email]> wrote:

> In that case the definition of booklet needs to be changed, but I don't see
> how booklet could be redefined as a single print on the reverse of the
> front
> or back cover. Why would inside be too vague?

I was remembering (wrongly) HibiscusKazeneko adding liner:
http://musicbrainz.1054305.n4.nabble.com/RFV-STYLE-233-New-cover-art-types-tp4657293p4657497.html
I just guess inside could be lots of things depending on how people see it
(inside a booklet, anything inside the outer packaging ...) but it would be
good to deal with some of these cases better

I'm not sure that it would be confusing, given the other types and descriptions. Providing it is defined correctly, something like: "artwork printed on the inside of the packaging, which is not any of the other types". I suppose that's a residual definition, and whilst in most cases I'm talking about the reverse side of a CD jewel case's front cover, the definition should also include the inner panels of a gatefold sleeve. In the context of the other types it should be clear enough.