NGS launched!

Robert Kaye
Administrator
Hi!

After much work we've finally released the much anticipated NGS release:

   http://blog.musicbrainz.org/?p=875

Tomorrow I will post detailed instructions on how to install an updated version of your slave server. For those of you who have been following along with us and have your own NGS installation already, here are the bare-bones instructions for getting set up:

- fetch and pull the production branch of our git repository ( git://git.musicbrainz.org/musicbrainz-server.git )
- read INSTALL
- download and import data from here: ftp://ftp.musicbrainz.org/pub/musicbrainz/data/fullexport/
- start loading replication packets as usual.

Stay tuned for full details tomorrow!

--

--ruaok        The answer to whether or not something is a good idea should not be taken as an indication of whether I want to do it.

Robert Kaye     --     [hidden email]     --    http://mayhem-chaos.net