New Mac Tagger: Yate

jhamdotme
Mac users: there’s a pretty decent new tagger called Yate that’s beta testing right now. It’s Discogs and MusicBrainz enabled.

With enough feedback, you can score a free license through MacDeveloper, their beta testing site. Also, the developer is very open to suggestions, and he’s working on the MusicBrainz features now. Check it out.

Home Page: http://2manyrobots.com/yate/ (nothing there right now)
Beta Testing: http://MacDeveloper.net/

Re: New Mac Tagger: Yate

Paul Taylor-2
On 11/08/2012 21:56, jhamdotme wrote:

> Mac users: there’s a pretty decent new tagger called Yate that’s beta testing
> right now. It’s Discogs and MusicBrainz enabled.
>
> With enough feedback, you can score a free license through MacDeveloper,
> their beta testing site. Also, the developer is very open to suggestions,
> and he’s working on the MusicBrainz features now. Check it out.
>
> Home Page: http://2manyrobots.com/yate/ (nothing there right now)
> Beta Testing: http://MacDeveloper.net/

Assume they haven't forgotten to pay a licensing fee to Musicbrainz !

Paul

Re: New Mac Tagger: Yate

jhamdotme
I emailed them about the affiliate program, and they said they’re looking into it.

Re: New Mac Tagger: Yate

Staffan Vilcans

jhamdotme skrev:
> Mac users: there’s a pretty decent new tagger called Yate that’s beta
> testing right now. It’s Discogs and MusicBrainz enabled.

Interesting. Can it work with the iTunes tag bug?

--
http://www.interface1.net

Staffan, which Itunes tagging bug are you referring too?

Re: New Mac Tagger: Yate

Staffan Vilcans

lixobix skrev:

> Staffan, which Itunes tagging bug are you referring too?

iTunes uses mp3 tags that are not compatible with other software.
Or so I'm told. I'm not using it.

--
http://www.interface1.net

Re: New Mac Tagger: Yate

lixobix
Ah. I use Picard to write ID3 tags, which Itunes reads fine. I wouldn't be surprised if Itunes own tagging causes havoc with other players.

To be honest, if you're using an external app to tag your music, I don't see how there could be an issue; although there are a couple of ID3 tags Itunes treats strangely (album artist sort is the only one I can think of).

Re: New Mac Tagger: Yate

Calvin Walton-2
On Mon, 2012-08-13 at 09:57 +0200, Staffan Vilcans wrote:
> lixobix skrev:
>
> > Staffan, which Itunes tagging bug are you referring too?
>
> iTunes uses mp3 tags that are not compatible with other software.
> Or so I'm told. I'm not using it.

The only thing I can think of that could cause issues is that iTunes
might write tags in the ID3v2.4 format. This is supported correctly by
Picard (although Picard defaults to writing ID3v2.3) and many other
popular players.

However, Windows Media Player is known to have issues with ID3v2.4, and
only works properly with the older 2.3 version.

--
Calvin Walton <[hidden email]>