New Server Release

keschte
Hi,

It has been rumoured for quite some time now, and I think that the new
server release is ready for beta-testing. Please jump in, and help
finding the remaining bugs. If you find any, file them to the XHTML
1.1 Milestone, and owner to yours truly.

This is a significant update to the look and feel of MusicBrainz --
many pages and workflows have changed and there are bound to be a
number of bugs. We'll need people to jump in help testing if we want
to get this release out soon.

See below for a list of pages what has changed:
[1] Release Notes
[2] Test Server
[3] Bug Tracker
[4] Blog Post

For right now, we're not specifying a release date -- we need to get
more eyes looking at this new release before we can nail down a date.
So, please jump in and help test!!

-- keschte

[1] http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/ServerReleaseNotes/20060618
[2] http://test.musicbrainz.org
[3] http://bugs.musicbrainz.org
[4] http://blog.musicbrainz.org/archives/2006/06/new_server_rele.html

Re: New Server Release

keschte
I've noticed some bug reports about XHTML validaty for the artist and
release pages. Since the ArtistPageRedesign (which i'll tackle next
after this release is done, APR is about 80% done already) will change
lots of aspects of these pages, i haven't put much effort into making
those compliant.

-- keschte

> For right now, we're not specifying a release date -- we need to get
> more eyes looking at this new release before we can nail down a date.
> So, please jump in and help test!!

Re: New Server Release

Jan van Thiel-2
On 6/9/06, Stefan Kestenholz <[hidden email]> wrote:
> So, please jump in and help test!!

Some testing done. Nice look and feel overall, vast improvement! Also
some bugs found:

* When doing a freeb import for a SA release, the message "Did not
find an useable (one of "/", "-") artist- and trackname split
character. You can still import the release as Various Artists, but
you'll have manually edit the artist- and tracknames..." is shown. It
has 2 typos: "an useable" (I think) and "you'll have" should be
"you'll have to".

* When importing a SA release, after selecting the right artist and
clicking on 'Select Release Artist, I get a "no value sent for
required parameter 'artistid'" error. This did not happen when
importing a VA release.

* When importing a release the message "Yellow highlights indicate
pending ´╗┐edits." I don't think it should be there, as there will not
be pending edits on a release that hasn't been added yet ;)

* The links to http://test.musicbrainz.org/popup/ReleaseAttribute and
http://test.musicbrainz.org/popup/ReleaseLanguage on the Add Release
(Various Artists) page do not work.

* When adding a VA release, and being at the point of selecting the
artists, I tried to add an artist named "Eddie Vedder & Mike McReady".
It did not exist yet, so I clicked on Add New Artist. The filled out
name was "Eddie Vedder ", so something went wrong with the ampersand.

* When adding a VA release, and being at the point of selecting the
artists, in the field for "Search for Artist:" I made a change and
pressed enter, assuming this means "Search Again". It did, however,
went Back to Form. Also, when I clicked on "Search Again", it also
went Back to Form.

Hope this helps.

--
Jan van Thiel (zout)

Re: New Server Release

keschte
> Hope this helps.

it surely does, i'll look into it tonight. this WM robs me of most of
my spare time, though :-)

Re: New Server Release

Jan van Thiel-2
On 6/15/06, Stefan Kestenholz <[hidden email]> wrote:
> this WM robs me of most of
> my spare time, though :-)

I know what you mean ;) Too bad you(r team) only got 1 point against France.

--
Jan van Thiel