New release or not?

Greg Ward
Hi all --

Led Zeppelin's second album has a CD release here:

  http://musicbrainz.org/release/f0e7c9b0-f5a5-3022-89a6-48c94e965fc8

It matches the CD I bought new in 1988: same tracklist, same catalog
number, same barcode. But the MusicBrainz release says it was released
in 1994. Clearly that's impossible, since I bought my copy in 1988.

Should I edit the existing release or create a new one? In either
case, the date of release will be unknown, since the only date on my
CD is 1969. All I know is that the CD was release by 1988.

       Greg
--
Greg Ward                            http://www.gerg.ca
<[hidden email]>                       @gergdotca

Re: New release or not?

tommycrock

On 26 Mar 2014 13:56, "Greg Ward" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all --
>
> Led Zeppelin's second album has a CD release here:
>
>   http://musicbrainz.org/release/f0e7c9b0-f5a5-3022-89a6-48c94e965fc8
>
> It matches the CD I bought new in 1988: same tracklist, same catalog
> number, same barcode. But the MusicBrainz release says it was released
> in 1994. Clearly that's impossible, since I bought my copy in 1988.
>
> Should I edit the existing release or create a new one? In either
> case, the date of release will be unknown, since the only date on my
> CD is 1969. All I know is that the CD was release by 1988.
>
>        Greg
> --
> Greg Ward                            http://www.gerg.ca
> <[hidden email]>                       @gergdotca

If you look in the edit notes there's a fair bit of discussion of the date already, suggesting it's right. Looking at discogs,  I think that's a remaster and yours might be http://www.discogs.com/Led-Zeppelin-Led-Zeppelin-II/release/922224 released in 1987. So if that fits what's in your hand add a new release following that. If you can also add scans of all the artwork it'd be great!

Re: New release or not?

Greg Ward
On 26 March 2014, Tom Crocker said:
> If you look in the edit notes there's a fair bit of discussion of the date
> already, suggesting it's right. Looking at discogs,  I think that's a
> remaster and yours might be
> http://www.discogs.com/Led-Zeppelin-Led-Zeppelin-II/release/922224 released
> in 1987.

Thanks for the detective work! I've added a new release:

  http://musicbrainz.org/release/1be714bc-ff0d-4a2b-88ed-73b4f32d126e/discids

       Greg
--
Greg Ward                            http://www.gerg.ca