Online Validator currently broken somehow

Online Validator currently broken somehow

Sebastian Pipping
I cannot tell yet what's going on but something is broken for sure.
Please use one of the alternative methods of XSPF validation
listed on

                 http://xspf.org/validation/

until this issue is fixed.

If anyone has the time and need to check things out or even
fix things before me a good start would be running [1] against it.

Sebastian

[1] https://trac.xiph.org/browser/trunk/xspf/testcase/schema_test.sh

Online Validator back + what and why / was Re: Online Validator currently broken somehow

Sebastian Pipping
- Bugs now fixed, validator back online
- Non-security validation bug fixed as well

Details ...

The XSPF Online Validator just went back online after
this down time interval

  Thu, 04 Sep 2008 00:59:57 +0200
    ..
  Thu, 04 Sep 2008 20:40:xx +0200

I had to put the validator offline because it had several
security related bugs. Thanks to Robert Buchholz of
Gentoo Security for his quick security review.

For the related changes see
- https://trac.xiph.org/changeset/15250
- https://trac.xiph.org/changeset/15252
- https://trac.xiph.org/changeset/15254

Sebastian Pipping wrote:
> I cannot tell yet what's going on but something is broken for sure.

This issue is not security related. I stumbled upon a case
where I had no 'rel' attribute in a meta tag without the
validator complaining. I think I broke this when introducing
xml:base support. There were no test cases before but now
there are 6 of them and they are all passed. See here:
- https://trac.xiph.org/changeset/15258
- https://trac.xiph.org/changeset/15259

Sebastian