after a few months, a new testing release of Picard (0.10.0rc1) has been
released. I actually wanted to call it just 0.10.0, but it includes some
bigger changes and the Windows installer uses a new version of Qt, so I
decided to make a RC and the final release next weekend, if no serious
bugs are reported.
I'd like to thank to Philipp Wolfer, Gary van der Merwe, Hendrik van
Antwerpen and everybody else who contributed to this release.
* Stop analyzing files that have been removed. (#3352, Gary van der
* Automatically disable CD lookup if no CD device is specified.
* Don't abort directory reading on invalid filename. (#2829, amckinle)
* Add an option to select multiple directories from the 'Add Directory'
window. (#3541, Will Holcomb)
* Avoid scanning files that had been removed from the tagger.
(#3352, Gary van der Merwe)
* Folksonomy tags/genre support. (Lukáš Lalinský)
* Added menu items (with keyboard shortcuts) for CD lookup / Scan /
Lookup / Cluster. (Lukáš Lalinský)
* Add taggerscript function $performer(). (Lukáš Lalinský)
* Lower the default PUID lookup threshold to 10%. (Lukáš Lalinský)
* Compare tracknumber and totaltracks as numbers, not strings.
* Correctly escape special Lucene characters for searches/lookups.
(#3448, Lukáš Lalinský)
* Use MusicIP Mixer "archived analysis" to speed up PUID lookups.
* Add language and script to variables. (#3635, Nikki)
* Option to initiate searches with advanced query syntax on by default.
(#3526, Lukáš Lalinský)
* "Save Tags" item in options menu. (#3519, Lukáš Lalinský)
* Create empty "plugins" directory by default on installation.
(#3529, Lukáš Lalinský)
* Added default release country option. (#3452, Philipp Wolfer)
* Added release format type to release selection. (#3074, Philipp
* Convert Vorbis tag "tracktotal" to "totaltracks" on load. (Philipp
* Save 'arranger' to ID3 tags. (Lukáš Lalinský)
* Store cover art in Ogg and FLAC files. (#3647, Hendrik van Antwerpen)
* Album title not updated when related 'Unkown files' are modified.
(#3682, Hendrik van Antwerpen)
* Match selected release event to existing files.
(#3687, Hendrik van Antwerpen)
* Allow multiple files to be linked to a single track.
(#3729, Gary van der Merwe)
* Don't use mmap to resize files on Windows. (Lukáš Lalinský)