Picard on PowerPC Mac

John Ruschmeyer
I'm trying to build and run Picard on a PowerBook G4 running Mac OS X 10.5.8 (Leopard). Because Leopard shipped with Python 2.5.1, I installed Python 2.7.8 from MacPorts as well as the MacPorts version of libdiscid and a manually built version of Mutagen. The code builds with no issue and I can start the GUI, but any attempt to scan a song generates the error:

     E: 11:42:41 Fingerprint calculator failed error = No such file or directory (0)

I seem to be able to perform other function on the file, however.

Is there anything in the fingerprint calculator that is Intel specific? Any suggestions on how I would start to debug this?

Thanks...
John Ruschmeyer

Re: Picard on PowerPC Mac

Alex Mauer
On 07/08/2014 10:59 AM, John Ruschmeyer wrote:

> I'm trying to build and run Picard on a PowerBook G4 running Mac OS X
> 10.5.8 (Leopard). Because Leopard shipped with Python 2.5.1, I installed
> Python 2.7.8 from MacPorts as well as the MacPorts version of libdiscid
> and a manually built version of Mutagen. The code builds with no issue
> and I can start the GUI, but any attempt to scan a song generates the error:
>
>      E: 11:42:41 Fingerprint calculator failed error = No such file or
> directory (0)
>
> I seem to be able to perform other function on the file, however.
>
> Is there anything in the fingerprint calculator that is Intel specific?
> Any suggestions on how I would start to debug this?

Do you have the fpcalc executable?  I’m assuming that’s what it’s missing…

(Not sure if that builds for PowerPC or not)

Re: Picard on PowerPC Mac

Philipp Wolfer-2

I'm trying to build and run Picard on a PowerBook G4 running Mac OS X 10.5.8 (Leopard). Because Leopard shipped with Python 2.5.1, I installed Python 2.7.8 from MacPorts as well as the MacPorts version of libdiscid and a manually built version of Mutagen. The code builds with no issue and I can start the GUI, but any attempt to scan a song generates the error:

     E: 11:42:41 Fingerprint calculator failed error = No such file or directory (0)

Looks like you don't have fpcalc installed. fpcalc is a separate binary for the fingerprinting, the sources can be found at https://acoustid.org/chromaprint . You also have to set the path to fpcalc in the Picard options (under Fingerprinting).

Philipp

Re: Picard on PowerPC Mac

Alex Mauer
On 07/08/2014 11:39 AM, Philipp Wolfer wrote:
> You also have to set the path to
> fpcalc in the Picard options (under Fingerprinting).

As long as it’s in your $PATH, it’ll work.

Re: Picard on PowerPC Mac

John Ruschmeyer
That was it. Basically, I needed to install ffmpeg from MacPorts and then chromaprint.

Thanks for all the help.