Picard translations for 1.0

Lukáš Lalinský
Hi,

We are preparing a new release of Picard soon and I'd like to only include translations that are more or less complete. I have moved the translations from Launchpad to Transifex, which should give us better control over the quality.

I'd like to ask anybody who speaks some of the top languages, if they could help us finishing them so that we have at least a few languages that are complete:

Thanks,
Lukas

Re: Picard translations for 1.0

ListMyCDs.com
> I'd like to ask anybody who speaks some of the top languages, if they
> could help us finishing them so that we have at least a few languages
> that are complete:

Finnish is my native language and can help with Finnish translation if
needed. It currently has 93% done.

- Timo Martikainen (MB username: ListMyCDs.com)

Re: Picard translations for 1.0

Mihkel Tõnnov
2012/5/29 Lukáš Lalinský <[hidden email]>
Hi,

We are preparing a new release of Picard soon and I'd like to only include translations that are more or less complete. I have moved the translations from Launchpad to Transifex, which should give us better control over the quality.

I'd like to ask anybody who speaks some of the top languages, if they could help us finishing them so that we have at least a few languages that are complete:

Hi Lukáš, *,

Estonian is 100% translated now. I also have a few comments:

1) "Preserve these tags from being cleared or overwritten with MusicBrainz data:" (picard/ui/ui_options_tags.py:115) really needs a tooltip explaining which tags are meant (i.e. "albumartist", "discnumber" etc, and not "TPE2", "TPOS" etc, nor "Album Artist", "Disc Number" etc) and how to separate them (i.e. with a space and apparently NOT a comma).
As it is, I think it's especially confusing for people who use Picard in other languages than English, and who c-/would expect "albumi esitaja, plaadi number" or "Artiste de l'album, Numéro du disque" to be a suitable thing to write in that field.

2) Status bar notification "Album <MBID> loaded" is untranslatable.

3) "Open the file" (picard/ui/mainwindow.py:395) should (IMO) rather be "Open the file in default application" or such

Best regards,
Mihkel

Re: Picard translations for 1.0

HumHumXX-2
I've just completed the German translation (was at 93% already). Is there
a possibility for other translators to actually review my edits?