Proposal: 'artist has interview at url' relationship

Proposal: 'artist has interview at url' relationship

Oliver Charles-7
Hello,

I don't post here much, so it's entirely possible I'm proposing this in
the wrong way; bear with me. I would like to propose a new relationship
type between artists and URLs - the 'has interview at' relationship. My
motivation comes from:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Music/comments/1nzjqm/im_daniel_lopatin_pka_oneohtrix_point_never_ama/

I stumbled across this by chance, and I'm sure a lot of other artists
I follow have done Reddit AMA's. Being able to link these all together
in one database is a big win.

This is factual information, and I believe is a good addition to our
database.

Thoughts?
- ocharles

Re: Proposal: 'artist has interview at url' relationship

"Frederik “Freso” S. Olesen"
Den 08-10-2013 17:29, Oliver Charles skrev:
> [...] I would like to propose a new relationship
> type between artists and URLs - the 'has interview at' relationship. [...]
>
> Thoughts?

+1 from me.

You need to do some -style RFC formalia though. I'll guide you through
on IRC. :)

--
Frederik "Freso" S. Olesen <http://freso.dk/>

Re: Proposal: 'artist has interview at url' relationship

tommycrock
Sounds good to me, it would be at least as useful as the likes of twitter/facebook.

One idea that popped into my head: could we make this a more general link to encompass recordings/releases with interviews (I don't even know if it's possible to have the same relationship type span internal and external resources)? If we're building a list of interviews (presumably with dates) it would make sense to also be able to link to existing interview recordings we have in the db. e.g. http://musicbrainz.org/recording/eaafc8bf-d286-4140-bd65-a14058230166

On 8 October 2013 16:40, Frederik "Freso" S. Olesen <[hidden email]> wrote:
Den 08-10-2013 17:29, Oliver Charles skrev:
> [...] I would like to propose a new relationship
> type between artists and URLs - the 'has interview at' relationship. [...]
>
> Thoughts?

+1 from me.

You need to do some -style RFC formalia though. I'll guide you through
on IRC. :)

--
Frederik "Freso" S. Olesen <http://freso.dk/>

Re: Proposal: 'artist has interview at url' relationship

Rachel Dwight
That or Web versions of magazine, TV or radio interviews.

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 8, 2013, at 11:06 AM, Tom Crocker <[hidden email]> wrote:

Sounds good to me, it would be at least as useful as the likes of twitter/facebook.

One idea that popped into my head: could we make this a more general link to encompass recordings/releases with interviews (I don't even know if it's possible to have the same relationship type span internal and external resources)? If we're building a list of interviews (presumably with dates) it would make sense to also be able to link to existing interview recordings we have in the db. e.g. http://musicbrainz.org/recording/eaafc8bf-d286-4140-bd65-a14058230166

On 8 October 2013 16:40, Frederik "Freso" S. Olesen <[hidden email]> wrote:
Den 08-10-2013 17:29, Oliver Charles skrev:
> [...] I would like to propose a new relationship
> type between artists and URLs - the 'has interview at' relationship. [...]
>
> Thoughts?

+1 from me.

You need to do some -style RFC formalia though. I'll guide you through
on IRC. :)

--
Frederik "Freso" S. Olesen <http://freso.dk/>

Re: Proposal: 'artist has interview at url' relationship

jesus2099
+12000!
I had so many interviews linked in funky ways.
 PATATE12   jesus2099   GOLD MASTER KING   FAKE E-MAIL ADDRESS

Re: Proposal: 'artist has interview at url' relationship

LordSputnik
+1