Question about editing

Spam Catcher
Hello everyone.

  I just recently started attempting to contribute to MusicBrainz. I
began by adding an album from a lesser-known artist which did not
already exist in the database. After adding the album, it shows up in
my open edit list.

  The thing I don't quite understand, though, is why it already
appears to have been imported into the database. The album now shows
up if I search for it, and a piece of software I use to tag music
called Beets can access it as well. I thought that every edit with the
exception of very minor changes had to be voted upon, or at least, not
voted down within 7 days unless confirmed by an auto-editor. Are their
certain rules regarding what gets added without having been voted on
or something?

  Thanks a lot for any information.

Re: Question about editing

Nicolás Tamargo de Eguren

Hi!

Some things (most new additions) get added automatically (but if the edit is voted down, they are removed again). Mostly because having to wait a week to be able to see anything and use it elsewhere would be pretty annoying.

Changes to existing data (including your own pending adds, somewhat annoyingly) do need to be accepted before they will show though.

On 31 Jul 2015 1:29 pm, "Spam Catcher" <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Ah, I understand.

  Thanks