RFC: STYLE-185 and MBS-5807 Add "sub-" attribute to Publisher relationship type

RFC: STYLE-185 and MBS-5807 Add "sub-" attribute to Publisher relationship type

Rachel Dwight
As per Jesus2099's request, I made the ticket.

Wiki page: http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/User:HibiscusKazeneko/Sub-Publisher_Relationship (yes, it's rudimentary, but it's a WIP)

Expected expiration date: 2013-2-7

Re: RFC: STYLE-185 and MBS-5807 Add "sub-" attribute to Publisher relationship type

jesus2099
WOAW thank you very much, RACHEL ! +1
 PATATE12   jesus2099   GOLD MASTER KING   FAKE E-MAIL ADDRESS

Re: RFC: STYLE-185 and MBS-5807 Add "sub-" attribute to Publisher relationship type

Calvin Walton-2
On Thu, 2013-01-31 at 21:40 -0600, Rachel Dwight wrote:
> As per Jesus2099's request, I made the ticket.
>
> MBS ticket: http://tickets.musicbrainz.org/browse/MBS-5807
> STYLE ticket: http://tickets.musicbrainz.org/browse/STYLE-185
> Wiki page: http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/User:HibiscusKazeneko/Sub-Publisher_Relationship (yes, it's rudimentary, but it's a WIP)
>
> Expected expiration date: 2013-2-7

Adding a locale (country?) dropdown would unfortunately require a
database schema change and a fair bit of programming/design work. I'd be
ok with just adding the "sub-" attribute for the time being however; we
can put details about locations in an annotation if necessary.

+1 to the idea.

I'd suggest that for the wiki page, you should copy/paste the contents
of http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/Publisher_Relationship_Type to your page,
then edit your page to show the changes that you would make for the new
attribute.

--
Calvin Walton <[hidden email]>

Re: RFC: STYLE-185 and MBS-5807 Add "sub-" attribute to Publisher relationship type

jesus2099
The way Rachel did seems clear now that you gave this link, Kepstin.
Isn’t it OK this way :

Before : http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/Publisher_Relationship_Type
See that empty Attributes section above ? ↗

Attributes section after : http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/User:HibiscusKazeneko/Sub-Publisher_Relationship
 PATATE12   jesus2099   GOLD MASTER KING   FAKE E-MAIL ADDRESS

Re: RFC: STYLE-185 and MBS-5807 Add "sub-" attribute to Publisher relationship type

Nicolás Tamargo de Eguren

On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 7:29 PM, jesus2099 <[hidden email]> wrote:
The way Rachel did seems clear now that you gave this link, Kepstin.
Isn’t it OK this way :

Before : http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/Publisher_Relationship_Type
See that empty *Attributes* section above ? ↗

*Attributes* section after :
http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/User:HibiscusKazeneko/Sub-Publisher_Relationship

So, to make it clear - are you proposing this for all publisher relationships, or just for those that affect works?

Re: RFC: STYLE-185 and MBS-5807 Add "sub-" attribute to Publisher relationship type

jesus2099
I prefer to limit this RFC to work publish relationship as Réo says because it will apply more easily and faster and is immediately needed and I +1 for this. :)

BTW should we include the various names of sub-publish from the earlier topic in the documentation ?

DE. GEMA says  “Sub-Verleger”
ES. SGAE says NOTHING
FR. SACEM says “sous-éditeur”
JP. JASRAC says “サブ出版”

earlier topic : http://musicbrainz.1054305.n4.nabble.com/Sub-publisher-sous-editeur-tp4647615.html
sub-publish tagged works : http://musicbrainz.org/tag/sub-publish

On Feb 4, 2013, at 3:58 AM, jesus2099 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I prefer to limit this RFC to work publish relationship as Réo says because
> it will apply more easily and faster and is immediately needed and I *+1*
> for this. :)
>
> BTW should we include the various names of sub-publish from the earlier
> topic in the documentation ?
>
> DE. GEMA says  “Sub-Verleger”
> ES. SGAE says NOTHING
> FR. SACEM says “sous-éditeur”
> JP. JASRAC says “サブ出版”
>
> *earlier topic* :
> http://musicbrainz.1054305.n4.nabble.com/Sub-publisher-sous-editeur-tp4647615.html
> *sub-publish tagged works* : http://musicbrainz.org/tag/sub-publish

Yeah, adding a few language variants could help clarify things for different users.