RFC STYLE-278: Add "Stadium/Arena" as place type

RFC STYLE-278: Add "Stadium/Arena" as place type

Nicolás Tamargo de Eguren
Stadiums and sports arenas aren't really a "venue" in the traditional sense, but plenty of concerts take place in them. Can we add them as a type?

Expected RFV date: Jan 8

Re: RFC STYLE-278: Add "Stadium/Arena" as place type

Maurits Meulenbelt-2
Sounds logical enough to have them. +1

Op woensdag 1 januari 2014 13:18:15, Nicolás Tamargo de Eguren schreef:

> Stadiums and sports arenas aren't really a "venue" in the traditional
> sense, but plenty of concerts take place in them. Can we add them as a
> type?
>
> Ticket: http://tickets.musicbrainz.org/browse/STYLE-278
> Expected RFV date: Jan 8
>
> --
> Nicolás Tamargo de Eguren

Re: RFC STYLE-278: Add "Stadium/Arena" as place type

Rachel Dwight
+1
Would Nippon Budokan fall under this classification even though it’s hardly ever used for sports nowadays?

On Jan 1, 2014, at 8:06 AM, Maurits <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sounds logical enough to have them. +1
>
> Op woensdag 1 januari 2014 13:18:15, Nicolás Tamargo de Eguren schreef:
>> Stadiums and sports arenas aren't really a "venue" in the traditional
>> sense, but plenty of concerts take place in them. Can we add them as a
>> type?
>>
>> Ticket: http://tickets.musicbrainz.org/browse/STYLE-278
>> Expected RFV date: Jan 8
>>
>> --
>> Nicolás Tamargo de Eguren

Re: RFC STYLE-278: Add "Stadium/Arena" as place type

jesus2099
-1
I would prefer keeping simple VENUE for stadiums (rather than STUDIO).
I don’t think what important is the primary type of place.
IMO the important is the used type of place, whether VENUE or STUDIO.
where a VENUE place will contain more LIVE music recordings and STUDIO places will include more recording sessions.

If we don’t stcik to this music oriented dichotomy, the list will be endless with no real added value…
 PATATE12   jesus2099   GOLD MASTER KING   FAKE E-MAIL ADDRESS

Re: RFC STYLE-278: Add "Stadium/Arena" as place type

Nicolás Tamargo de Eguren
Any other opinions or feedback on this one?

Re: RFC STYLE-278: Add "Stadium/Arena" as place type

Frederic Da Vitoria
2014/1/16 Nicolás Tamargo de Eguren <[hidden email]>
Any other opinions or feedback on this one?

I think that we should use place types to give more information, although I understand that the musical relevance of this information may be dubious. I disagree with jesus2099 because a studio recording could be made in a stadium (expensive, but technically possible) just as a live performance could be recorded in a place usually used as a studio. A church for example could be used both ways.

2014/1/16 Frederic Da Vitoria <[hidden email]>
2014/1/16 Nicolás Tamargo de Eguren <[hidden email]>
Any other opinions or feedback on this one?

I think that we should use place types to give more information, although I understand that the musical relevance of this information may be dubious. I disagree with jesus2099 because a studio recording could be made in a stadium (expensive, but technically possible) just as a live performance could be recorded in a place usually used as a studio. A church for example could be used both ways.

... so, of course, +1 !