RFV STYLE-233: New cover art types

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RFV STYLE-233: New cover art types

Rachel Dwight
Hey y'all, I allowed an extra week in the RFC because I thought the mailing list had slowed to a crawl. Turns out I was wrong. Plus school just started up for me and I got addicted to Tales of Xillia, so now it's RFV time!

Ticket: http://tickets.musicbrainz.org/browse/STYLE-233 

Expected expiration date: 2013-9-1 (I'm allotting for time zone differences)
_______________________________________________
MusicBrainz-style mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.musicbrainz.org/mailman/listinfo/musicbrainz-style
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: RFV STYLE-233: New cover art types

lixobix
+1
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: RFV STYLE-233: New cover art types

LordSputnik
In reply to this post by Rachel Dwight

This has now passed - these cover art types need to be added to MB and the docs.

On 29 Aug 2013 05:15, "Rachel Dwight" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey y'all, I allowed an extra week in the RFC because I thought the mailing list had slowed to a crawl. Turns out I was wrong. Plus school just started up for me and I got addicted to Tales of Xillia, so now it's RFV time!

Ticket: http://tickets.musicbrainz.org/browse/STYLE-233

Expected expiration date: 2013-9-1 (I'm allotting for time zone differences)
_______________________________________________
MusicBrainz-style mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.musicbrainz.org/mailman/listinfo/musicbrainz-style

_______________________________________________
MusicBrainz-style mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.musicbrainz.org/mailman/listinfo/musicbrainz-style
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: RFV STYLE-233: New cover art types

Nikki-3
I somehow missed this.

I don't object to having a type for it, but I think "liner" is the wrong
word for it, or at best a very bad word to use. To me (and also
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/liner so apparently I'm not the only
one), it means the booklet. Go ahead and add it with the current name if
you like, but I will be really surprised if people don't start misusing
it for things like the folded pieces of paper often found in the front
of CD cases that aren't really booklets.

Nikki

Am 03.09.13 15:08, schrieb Ben Ockmore:

> This has now passed - these cover art types need to be added to MB and the
> docs.
> On 29 Aug 2013 05:15, "Rachel Dwight" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hey y'all, I allowed an extra week in the RFC because I thought the
>> mailing list had slowed to a crawl. Turns out I was wrong. Plus school just
>> started up for me and I got addicted to Tales of Xillia, so now it's RFV
>> time!
>>
>> Ticket: http://tickets.musicbrainz.org/browse/STYLE-233
>>
>> Expected expiration date: 2013-9-1 (I'm allotting for time zone
>> differences)
>> _______________________________________________
>> MusicBrainz-style mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> http://lists.musicbrainz.org/mailman/listinfo/musicbrainz-style
>>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> MusicBrainz-style mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.musicbrainz.org/mailman/listinfo/musicbrainz-style
>



_______________________________________________
MusicBrainz-style mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.musicbrainz.org/mailman/listinfo/musicbrainz-style
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: RFV STYLE-233: New cover art types

LordSputnik

I guess it's more of a paper sheath really, unless I misunderstood the type.


_______________________________________________
MusicBrainz-style mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.musicbrainz.org/mailman/listinfo/musicbrainz-style
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: RFV STYLE-233: New cover art types

Duke Yin
I don't actually see where I can find the example for "Liner"

Which picture is it?  I only saw someone specifically quote "Liner" and +1 that...


On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 6:31 PM, Ben Ockmore <[hidden email]> wrote:

I guess it's more of a paper sheath really, unless I misunderstood the type.


_______________________________________________
MusicBrainz-style mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.musicbrainz.org/mailman/listinfo/musicbrainz-style


_______________________________________________
MusicBrainz-style mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.musicbrainz.org/mailman/listinfo/musicbrainz-style
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: RFV STYLE-233: New cover art types

tommycrock


On Sep 4, 2013 11:37 PM, "Duke Yin" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I don't actually see where I can find the example for "Liner"
> http://musicbrainz.org/release/8eaad0e2-0905-469c-8b81-2f207e9137a0/cover-art 
>
> Which picture is it?  I only saw someone specifically quote "Liner" and +1 that...

I guess it's the pouches (7&8)

>
>
> On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 6:31 PM, Ben Ockmore <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I guess it's more of a paper sheath really, unless I misunderstood the type.

Would inner sleeve be less likely to be misunderstood without sounding like an outer sleeve and without specifying a material (but yes they are predominantly paper).

>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> MusicBrainz-style mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> http://lists.musicbrainz.org/mailman/listinfo/musicbrainz-style
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> MusicBrainz-style mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.musicbrainz.org/mailman/listinfo/musicbrainz-style


_______________________________________________
MusicBrainz-style mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.musicbrainz.org/mailman/listinfo/musicbrainz-style
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: RFV STYLE-233: New cover art types

Rachel Dwight

On Sep 4, 2013, at 5:47 PM, Tom Crocker <[hidden email]> wrote:


On Sep 4, 2013 11:37 PM, "Duke Yin" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I don't actually see where I can find the example for "Liner"
> http://musicbrainz.org/release/8eaad0e2-0905-469c-8b81-2f207e9137a0/cover-art 
>
> Which picture is it?  I only saw someone specifically quote "Liner" and +1 that...

I guess it's the pouches (7&8)



It is. I have a few old LPs with printed liners as well (that I have yet to scan).

>
>
> On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 6:31 PM, Ben Ockmore <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I guess it's more of a paper sheath really, unless I misunderstood the type.

Would inner sleeve be less likely to be misunderstood without sounding like an outer sleeve and without specifying a material (but yes they are predominantly paper).

>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> MusicBrainz-style mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> http://lists.musicbrainz.org/mailman/listinfo/musicbrainz-style
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> MusicBrainz-style mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.musicbrainz.org/mailman/listinfo/musicbrainz-style

_______________________________________________
MusicBrainz-style mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.musicbrainz.org/mailman/listinfo/musicbrainz-style


_______________________________________________
MusicBrainz-style mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.musicbrainz.org/mailman/listinfo/musicbrainz-style