RFV [STYLE-290] Add Balance engineer relationship type

RFV [STYLE-290] Add Balance engineer relationship type

Frederic Da Vitoria
This RFV is to add Balance engineer to the Engineer relationship types. Balance engineers are often named in classical releases and just entering them as "engineer" seems to be losing valuable information.

Ticket: http://tickets.musicbrainz.org/browse/STYLE-290

wiki: http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/User:DavitoF/Balance_engineer_AR

Since the RFC, the only modification was to add that if there were conflicting translations, one should simply use the Engineer AR.

Given no vetoes, this RFV will pass on 2014-07-11 (skipping the week-end)

Re: RFV [STYLE-290] Add Balance engineer relationship type

Nicolás Tamargo de Eguren
On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 2:43 PM, Frederic Da Vitoria <[hidden email]> wrote:
This RFV is to add Balance engineer to the Engineer relationship types. Balance engineers are often named in classical releases and just entering them as "engineer" seems to be losing valuable information.

Ticket: http://tickets.musicbrainz.org/browse/STYLE-290

wiki: http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/User:DavitoF/Balance_engineer_AR

Since the RFC, the only modification was to add that if there were conflicting translations, one should simply use the Engineer AR.

Given no vetoes, this RFV will pass on 2014-07-11 (skipping the week-end)

Hopefully you mean 2014-02-11 or you'd be skipping lots of weekends ;)

2014-02-07 Nicolás Tamargo de Eguren <[hidden email]>:

On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 2:43 PM, Frederic Da Vitoria <[hidden email]> wrote:
This RFV is to add Balance engineer to the Engineer relationship types. Balance engineers are often named in classical releases and just entering them as "engineer" seems to be losing valuable information.

Ticket: http://tickets.musicbrainz.org/browse/STYLE-290

wiki: http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/User:DavitoF/Balance_engineer_AR

Since the RFC, the only modification was to add that if there were conflicting translations, one should simply use the Engineer AR.

Given no vetoes, this RFV will pass on 2014-07-11 (skipping the week-end)

Hopefully you mean 2014-02-11 or you'd be skipping lots of weekends ;)

Someone must have switched the "7" and the "2" on my keyboard :-D

Re: RFV [STYLE-290] Add Balance engineer relationship type

Added. Could you make sure it works fine, and add a couple examples (of both levels, ideally) that I can link to from the documentation? :)

Re: RFV [STYLE-290] Add Balance engineer relationship type

Added. Could you make sure it works fine, and add a couple examples (of both levels, ideally) that I can link to from the documentation? :)

OK. As soon as I find one of the CDs where I saw it.

Re: RFV [STYLE-290] Add Balance engineer relationship type

Added. Could you make sure it works fine, and add a couple examples (of both levels, ideally) that I can link to from the documentation? :)

OK. As soon as I find one of the CDs where I saw it.

Sorry it took me so long

I couldn't find an example of release level balance engineer (if you don't count releases where all tracks were engineered by the same engineer)

I just spotted balance at the bottom of http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/Engineer_Relationship_Type . The last sentence should be removed.