RFV: STYLE-330 Make 2-on-1 (or generically, M-on-N) release groups "Compilations"

RFV: STYLE-330 Make 2-on-1 (or generically, M-on-N) release groups "Compilations"

bflaminio
Expected end of RFV: 2013-11-01 00:00 UTC
Jira Ticket: http://tickets.musicbrainz.org/browse/STYLE-330
RFC: http://musicbrainz.1054305.n4.nabble.com/RFC-Make-2-on-1-or-generically-M-on-N-release-groups-quot-Compilations-quot-td4667103.html

The proposal is to remove the line "A release containing two albums and/or EPs." from the official style guide and associated documents.

(1) https://musicbrainz.org/doc/Style/Release_Group#Secondary_types
(2) http://musicbrainz.org/doc/Release_Group/Type

Re: RFV: STYLE-330 Make 2-on-1 (or generically, M-on-N) release groups "Compilations"

Ulrich Klauer
> Expected end of RFV: 2013-11-01 00:00 UTC

RFVs are history now.

Ulrich

Re: RFV: STYLE-330 Make 2-on-1 (or generically, M-on-N) release groups "Compilations"

bflaminio
No. Not before Style-331 has been implemented, as Caller asked for, to prevent these to be simply dumped in all these "Best-of"-Compilations

Bah. My super simple, change one line of text proposal got derailed by complicated, confusing schema change that may take years to implement.

RFVs are history now.

I know. I was mostly trying to attract the attention of our dear BDFL.

Thanks, guys.

Re: RFV: STYLE-330 Make 2-on-1 (or generically, M-on-N) release groups "Compilations"

Alexander VanValin
On 10/25/2014 04:04 PM, bflaminio wrote:

> /No. Not before Style-331 has been implemented, as Caller asked for, to
> prevent these to be simply dumped in all these "Best-of"-Compilations/
>
> Bah. My super simple, change one line of text proposal got derailed by
> complicated, confusing schema change that may take years to implement.
>
> /RFVs are history now./
>
> I know. I was mostly trying to attract the attention of our dear BDFL.
>
> Thanks, guys.

Your super-simple proposal was held up by my
should-have-been-super-simple proposal :-)

I'll try to get that resolved.