Re: Assistance for Crystal Hamaker

tommycrock
Hi Crystal

What help do you need? Assuming you have checked the band aren't in MusicBrainz already:
To add a band, once you're logged in to MusicBrainz, click Editing | Add Artist, and follow the instructions, adding as many details and links to facebook/last.fm/soundcloud etc. as you can.
When you say you want to add 'music' for Josh Stone, can you be more specific (a CD, streamable track, composition, etc.)

On 22 September 2014 16:16, Crystal Hamaker <[hidden email]> wrote:
I would appreciate assistance please. I work for 3 independent bands and one solo musician. I was able to enter the solo musician Josh Stone's first two albums but apparently did it wrong and was rescued by an editor at that time. However I need to get two of the other bands into MusicBrainz and add music for Josh Stone and need help doing so please?

Thank you,
Crystal Hamaker,
Owner, MojoRadio
Owner, Struckgold Music

Re: Assistance for Crystal Hamaker

Crystal Hamaker
Hi Tom,
Okay I'll try again with the two bands. They are Lethal Chaos out of TN and Revival out of the UK. I haven't been able to find them in MusicBrainz so I'm sure they aren't there.

For Josh Stone he has a new release "Running To The Edge Of The World", it is available on iTunes and all of the digital stores. It is a cover of Marilyn Manson's original. I have the album artwork if you would like it?

What I have also discovered is that TuneIn isn't using your information well, i.e. when anyone plays Josh Stone's music one of two things happens on TuneIn they either show the album cover of "The Darkness" by Josh for EVERY song played or they actually show some arbitrary JOSS Stone album cover!!

Also for Revival, when their music is played TuneIn shows a picture of a Creedance Clearwater Revival album. However they show nothing for Lethal Chaos. So I hope you guys have some way of telling TuneIn to properly use all of the extremely hard work you all put into this wonderful library!!

Thanks,
Crystal

On Sep 22, 2014, at 10:02 AM, Tom Crocker <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

A problem you could have is that Artists get deleted automatically (at least they used to) if they are not referenced. So the trick is to link a new artist immediately to something else (it could be a Release, another Artist...)

On 22 September 2014 18:17, Crystal Hamaker <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Tom,
Okay I'll try again with the two bands. They are Lethal Chaos out of TN and Revival out of the UK. I haven't been able to find them in MusicBrainz so I'm sure they aren't there.

Great. Be sure to add a disambiguation to Revival as there are several and a quick Google shows two UK-based cover bands by that name.
If you let us know your user name we can check what you've done and give specific advice there.

For Josh Stone he has a new release "Running To The Edge Of The World", it is available on iTunes and all of the digital stores. It is a cover of Marilyn Manson's original. I have the album artwork if you would like it?

Great, yes please. So to add the album go to Josh Stone's page and click 'add release' in the right side bar under editing. When you get to the tracklist set the medium format as digital media. You have to add the artwork once you've finished adding the release.

What I have also discovered is that TuneIn isn't using your information well, i.e. when anyone plays Josh Stone's music one of two things happens on TuneIn they either show the album cover of "The Darkness" by Josh for EVERY song played or they actually show some arbitrary JOSS Stone album cover!!

Also for Revival, when their music is played TuneIn shows a picture of a Creedance Clearwater Revival album. However they show nothing for Lethal Chaos. So I hope you guys have some way of telling TuneIn to properly use all of the extremely hard work you all put into this wonderful library!!

I don't know anything about tunein, hopefully someone else can chime in about how they link to us and whether they also link to other sources.

On 22 September 2014 19:14, Frederic Da Vitoria <[hidden email]> wrote:

A problem you could have is that Artists get deleted automatically (at least they used to) if they are not referenced. So the trick is to link a new artist immediately to something else (it could be a Release, another Artist...)

Or just an external URL will stop this happening