Re: RFV STYLE-282: add "mini-album" primary type

Re: RFV STYLE-282: add "mini-album" primary type

Staffan Vilcans
30 januari 2014, drsaunde <[hidden email]> skrev:
> What i'm saying is that mini-album and EP are the same thing with a
different name. Why should we have 2 categories that represent the same
thing?

I'd say they are not. An EP is generally 4-5 tracks while a mini-album is
somewhere between EP and album length (usually something like 10 or more
tracks).

It would also be nice to have maxi-single as an option.

untitled-[2.1] (612 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: RFV STYLE-282: add "mini-album" primary type

lixobix
Staffan Vilcans wrote
30 januari 2014, drsaunde <[hidden email]> skrev:
> What i'm saying is that mini-album and EP are the same thing with a
different name. Why should we have 2 categories that represent the same
thing?

I'd say they are not. An EP is generally 4-5 tracks while a mini-album is
somewhere between EP and album length (usually something like 10 or more
tracks).

It would also be nice to have maxi-single as an option.

untitled-[2.1] (612 bytes) <http://musicbrainz.1054305.n4.nabble.com/attachment/4662342/0/untitled-%5B2.1%5D>
+1 also for the reasons I stated in RFV.

Not sure what the state of affairs is here. Should this be going back to RFC? There was a lot of support in the RFV, but some objections too.