Release artist?

Andrew Conkling
Perhaps it's not a very notable discussion, but I wasn't sure about the artist for this release.

It had been changed as auto-editor, so I reverted it back as auto-editor and reapplied the change without auto-editor, so it can be discussed if need be. See here:

Thanks,
Andrewski

Andrew Conkling
http://andrewski.net

Re: Release artist?

Nicolás Tamargo de Eguren

On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 5:03 PM, Andrew Conkling <[hidden email]> wrote:
Perhaps it's not a very notable discussion, but I wasn't sure about the artist for this release.

It had been changed as auto-editor, so I reverted it back as auto-editor and reapplied the change without auto-editor, so it can be discussed if need be. See here:

The idea of the original edit was correct, as per http://musicbrainz.org/doc/Style/Classical/Release/Artist - although the edit had a small mistake, since it had Chopin; Bach; instead of Chopin, Bach. Your re-entry of the edit is completely different though, and isn't even close to following the current guideline - could you reenter it as "Chopin, Bach; Marta Argerich" as per guidelines?

Re: Release artist?

Andrew Conkling
Sorry, I missed that guideline. Somehow they got harder for me to search. :-/

Does it not matter that applying the artist to the release doesn't apply to all tracks? What's the value of having them at the release level when they're already listed on each track?

Consider the first example on that guideline page, also a recording of Martha Argerich's: http://musicbrainz.org/release/5598dd88-5a14-4661-a9cc-fe37a5246028

Why shouldn't that also include the composers?

Thanks,
Andrewski