Schema change release tomorrow!

mayhem
Administrator
Here is our official announcement for the schema change tomorrow:

   http://blog.musicbrainz.org/?p=1239

Again, we've implemented only one change:

   http://tickets.musicbrainz.org/browse/MBS-3693

This change adds one column to the release_meta table that allows us to track if a release has cover art at our upcoming Cover Art Archive:

   https://github.com/metabrainz/musicbrainz-server/commit/c94bb76a40abccb7f4287c4c93d8cf58fb15fd07

For now, its safe to ignore this column. We're not quite ready to announce the Cover Art Archive (CAA) to the whole world just yet, but if you go to:

   http://coverartarchive.org

You can see what we're planning on doing there. We're nearly ready to make this project a reality, but we're still waiting on the Internet Archive to finish some features on their side before we can release it. Once we officially roll out support for the CAA, we'll have another (non-schema change) server release and then we will start using the cover_art_presence field in the release_meta table.

Once we've completed the release tomorrow, we will post detailed instructions here on how to update your slaves to start replication again.

Thanks!

--

--ruaok

Robert Kaye     --     [hidden email]     --    http://musicbrainz.org