Search Server Setup

Jeff Rose
Hi everyone, I'm new here so forgive me if this isn't the right place.

I set up the MusicBrainz server this weekend and the instructions were fantastic, right up to the search server setup.

This line: jar -xf <your lucene java src dir>/servlet/target/searchserver.war is unclear to me. Where do I find my lucene java src dir? There's no other reference to Lucene on the page, and while I know what it is, I don't know how it appeared in the instructions at this point.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Search Server Setup

mayhem
Administrator

On Jul 29, 2015, at 1:13 AM, Jeff Rose <[hidden email]> wrote:

I set up the MusicBrainz server this weekend and the instructions were fantastic, right up to the search server setup.

This line: jar -xf <your lucene java src dir>/servlet/target/searchserver.war is unclear to me. Where do I find my lucene java src dir? There's no other reference to Lucene on the page, and while I know what it is, I don't know how it appeared in the instructions at this point.

You need to check out the search server code and build the search server. Alternatively, you can download the latest war from here:

--

--ruaok

Robert Kaye     --     [hidden email]     --    http://musicbrainz.org