Series and bundles (humble indie bundle for example)

Series and bundles (humble indie bundle for example)

Daniel Sobey
Hi List,

I'm wanting some advice on how best to add series information to music distributed in bundles.
For example humble indie bundle has a bundle of games and this usually includes sound tracks and works.
There are other bundles around the place such as vodo.net and Indie Roayale that follow the same model.

Should I :
1. Create a series for each bundle ie "Humble indie bundle 13"
2. Create a series for each bundle, plus an overall bundle for anything from that comes from humblebundle.com with each release in both series.
3. Create a ticket to allow for series to series relationships to create a tree of series.
    This would allow for an overall humble bundle series and this could link to each weekly bundle series.
4. Series are not meant for this type of thing and i should not do anything.

Re: Series and bundles (humble indie bundle for example)

Daniel Sobey
Hi List,

Now there is a series to sub series relationship (awaiting bug fixes to use) i'm wanting guidance on how this should best be used.

1. A master series containing all recordings released by humble bundle
2. A master series containing all releases groups plus sub series for each bundle.
3. A master series containing no releases but links to sub series and this contains the music from each bundle

As Trevor points out there is already a series containing a few of the releases.

On Sat, Nov 8, 2014 at 10:18 AM, Trevor Downs <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Nicolás Tamargo de Eguren

Isn't each bundle kinda the equivalent of a box set, more than a series of separate releases? Calling each separate bundle a series feels kinda weird to me, although having a series for bundle 1-n seems pretty reasonable. If added as series though, they'd really be more a series of series (which we don't support) than a subseries... (While something like "Humble Mobile Bundle" would be an actual subseries)