Shareable streaming upcoming streams

Gabriel Lucas
Helo,

I work at Medialab-Prado, we do streaming of our activities using free
software and Giss.tv platform.
We are participating in a network of centers dealing around digital culture.

We are searching for a mean to share our streaming calendars, in order
to know the upcoming events that are going to be in every center.
Something like a shared playlist for all the centers.

I have been studying XSPF in order to see if it fits our needs but there
are some issues that are not clear to me and I would like your opinnion.

The main one is this, because what we want is a way to share the
upcoming events that would be streamed, we need a field that specifies
the date and time from the events in the future.

I revised the XSPF Version1 specs and it doesn´t states anything about
the date of tracks that would be played in the future. The only similar
field is date (of creation), not the same semantically.

http://xspf.org/xspf-v1.html
date -> xsd:dateTime

Could you think of any solution to this?

Could field "date" (date of creation) be used for a date in the future,
as long content has not been created yet?

Thanks a lot.

Gabriel

Re: Shareable streaming upcoming streams

Lucas Gonze
Hi Gabriel,

Assuming you're planning to arrange your own custom XML reader app you
can do anything you want.  Adding an extension field to XSPF track
elements to say when it is that the user can expect the track to
become active would be a pretty easy approach.  For example:

<track>
</track>

best
Lucas