Should these AcoustIDs be removed?

Frederic Da Vitoria
Hello,

In this page
http://musicbrainz.org/recording/1de930a4-ac51-46a0-9fe3-6b68ac74fd8b/fingerprints I believe the 2 last AcoustIDs are messed up.

http://acoustid.org/track/0f2fb29a-c9f0-4676-a27d-2e57c88a233b

http://acoustid.org/track/a4eab7b6-8d5d-4477-9310-93865616104c

My problem here is that I can't decide to what recording they really belong. The only solution I can see would be to unlink them entirely. Am I right?

Re: Should these AcoustIDs be removed?

Alex Mauer
On 10/02/2012 03:15 PM, Frederic Da Vitoria wrote:

> Hello,
>
> In this page
> http://musicbrainz.org/recording/1de930a4-ac51-46a0-9fe3-6b68ac74fd8b/fingerprintsI
> believe the 2 last AcoustIDs are messed up.
>

> http://acoustid.org/track/0f2fb29a-c9f0-4676-a27d-2e57c88a233b
> http://acoustid.org/track/a4eab7b6-8d5d-4477-9310-93865616104c
>
> My problem here is that I can't decide to what recording they really
> belong. The only solution I can see would be to unlink them entirely. Am I
> right?
Look at the respective fingerprints:
http://acoustid.org/fingerprint/11752439 (AcoustID
083eb0a7-0d6e-44a9-99b0-f2232568ffcc)

http://acoustid.org/fingerprint/10527594 (AcoustID
0f2fb29a-c9f0-4676-a27d-2e57c88a233b)

http://acoustid.org/fingerprint/21764238 (AcoustId
a4eab7b6-8d5d-4477-9310-93865616104c)

You can see from the fingerprints that they are all different. It also
seems obvious that 083eb0a7-0d6e-44a9-99b0-f2232568ffcc is actually the
the Mozart recording. Since the others are different, they obviously
aren’t. Assuming they were entered in good faith (always a good idea),
they must each belong to the other recording, since they each only have two.

Just unlink them from the Mozart recordings, and leave them attached to
the other. If someone comes along and finds out otherwise they can
always unlink them too.

Re: Should these AcoustIDs be removed?

Nicolás Tamargo de Eguren

On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 12:39 AM, Alex Mauer <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 10/02/2012 03:15 PM, Frederic Da Vitoria wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In this page
> http://musicbrainz.org/recording/1de930a4-ac51-46a0-9fe3-6b68ac74fd8b/fingerprintsI
> believe the 2 last AcoustIDs are messed up.
>

> http://acoustid.org/track/0f2fb29a-c9f0-4676-a27d-2e57c88a233b
> http://acoustid.org/track/a4eab7b6-8d5d-4477-9310-93865616104c
>
> My problem here is that I can't decide to what recording they really
> belong. The only solution I can see would be to unlink them entirely. Am I
> right?

Look at the respective fingerprints:
http://acoustid.org/fingerprint/11752439 (AcoustID
083eb0a7-0d6e-44a9-99b0-f2232568ffcc)

http://acoustid.org/fingerprint/10527594 (AcoustID
0f2fb29a-c9f0-4676-a27d-2e57c88a233b)

http://acoustid.org/fingerprint/21764238 (AcoustId
a4eab7b6-8d5d-4477-9310-93865616104c)

You can see from the fingerprints that they are all different. It also
seems obvious that 083eb0a7-0d6e-44a9-99b0-f2232568ffcc is actually the
the Mozart recording.

I might look silly for asking this, but: how is that obvious? (I have no idea how to read that from a big thin vertical strip of black and white and wouldn't mind to learn :) )