Strange mail answer

Frederic Da Vitoria
Hello,

I just had an issue while entering a new release and I posted a question to [hidden email]. To my surprise, I got an answer from a company called InnovativeAir telling me a ticked had been entered. I checked the mail I sent and the destination was correct.

Does this make any sense to any one?

Re: Strange mail answer

LordSputnik

I have a feeling that the -users mailing list was closed a couple of months ago, due to low activity. May be wrong though, but that's what I remember from talk in #musicbrainz-devel.

On 29 Apr 2015 16:14, "Frederic Da Vitoria" <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

OK, I guess that's part of the explanation. I'll ask my question again here.

Re: Strange mail answer

Calvin Walton-2
On Wed, 2015-04-29 at 17:13 +0200, Frederic Da Vitoria wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I just had an issue while entering a new release and I posted a
> question to
> [hidden email]. To my surprise, I got an
> answer
> from a company called InnovativeAir telling me a ticked had been
> entered. I
> checked the mail I sent and the destination was correct.
>

> Does this make any sense to any one?

The musicbrainz mailing lists are public, so it is possible that there
are spammers harvesting email addresses from t he mailing lists. This
sounds like a simple case of an automatic spam message, and I don't
think there's anything we can do about it.

Your message did make it to the musicbrainz-users mailing list
correctly - and I can see it - but with the low traffic on the list,
it's a bit iffy whether or not you'll get a useful response.

--
Calvin Walton <[hidden email]>

Re: Strange mail answer

On Wed, 2015-04-29 at 17:13 +0200, Frederic Da Vitoria wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just had an issue while entering a new release and I posted a
> question to
> [hidden email]. To my surprise, I got an
> answer
> from a company called InnovativeAir telling me a ticked had been
> entered. I
> checked the mail I sent and the destination was correct.
>

> Does this make any sense to any one?

The musicbrainz mailing lists are public, so it is possible that there
are spammers harvesting email addresses from t he mailing lists. This
sounds like a simple case of an automatic spam message, and I don't
think there's anything we can do about it.

Your message did make it to the musicbrainz-users mailing list
correctly - and I can see it - but with the low traffic on the list,
it's a bit iffy whether or not you'll get a useful response.

No problem, I posted again to mb-style and I got all the answers I needed. It just feels a little strange to post to a style list about a non-style issue

Re: Strange mail answer

"Frederik “Freso” S. Olesen"
Den 01-05-2015 kl. 19:27 skrev Frederic Da Vitoria:
> No problem, I posted again to mb-style and I got all the answers I
> needed. It just feels a little strange to post to a style list about a
> non-style issue

Indeed. The thinking with closing the -users list (which still hasn't
been done, even though it was actually decided a long time ago, and
re-decided again recently) is that the MB forums has pretty much
superseded the discussion that -users used to be the main forum for.

OTOH, you could also say with the recent style revamp, that maybe -style
is redundant now and any discussion here could easily go in -users… :)

--
Namasté,
Frederik “Freso” S. Olesen <http://freso.dk/>