Strings needing context

Ian McEwen
salo.rock recently pointed out one example of this to me, and I've been meaning to solicit more, so:

Are there any strings any of you translators have run into that need better context? The example salo.rock pointed out is that "Accepted" is used in two different places: one referring to accepted *edits*, the other to an accepted *auto-editor*, and that these would translate differently in Italian.

So -- anyone else found other examples that need fixing?

--
Ian McEwen <[hidden email]> <[hidden email]>
A262 D5C4 40CB 0E1C 5F24 C3A1 ABED 1ABD 7131 A76F

Re: Strings needing context

Mihkel Tõnnov
2012/8/16 Ian McEwen <[hidden email]>
salo.rock recently pointed out one example of this to me, and I've been meaning to solicit more, so:

Are there any strings any of you translators have run into that need better context? The example salo.rock pointed out is that "Accepted" is used in two different places: one referring to accepted *edits*, the other to an accepted *auto-editor*, and that these would translate differently in Italian.

So -- anyone else found other examples that need fixing?

For Estonian translation, I'd like the following to happen:
a) Anything from #: ../lib/MusicBrainz/Server/Edit/*/*.pm should have its own string
b) These should be split into 1) button/menu command 2) window/section/tab title:
"Add Cover Art"
"Add Release"
"Edit"
"Search"
"Log In"
"Browse"
c) "Status" should be split into 1) the string for release status 2) the string for edit status

Plus this would need plural support:
"see all versions of this release, {count} available"

And finally (and off topic), a few typos I've encountered:
"We couldn't find an label with the name you entered" → a label
"{valink|Various Artists} should very rarely be used on recordings, make sure that the artists has been entered correctly." → artist has

Best regards,
Mihkel

Re: Strings needing context

Mihkel Tõnnov
2012/8/25 Mihkel Tõnnov <[hidden email]>
[...]

Oh, and:
anything in the timeline graphs which appears in contexts à la "123456 Edits" should be a separate string to be correctly translated into Estonian (and a few other laguages, too, like Finnish -- or actually all languages that would have the word for "Edits" be lowercase in a context like "123456 Edits").

[...]

And more:
From Estonian point of view, "Name" (and "Name:") should be split based on whether it applies to works/recordings/tracks/releases/RGs or artists/labels, since the first lot should have a 'title' in Estonian, not 'name'.

Also, the verb "Tag" (on the button) should be split from the noun "Tag" (e.g. in the search dropdown near the top-right corner).

Best regards,
Mihkel