Strings varying only by period or colon

Ian McEwen
See http://tickets.musicbrainz.org/browse/MBS-4822 -- I'm wondering how it'll work in all your various languages-of-choice to either:

a.) just plain move the . or : out of the string, and have it hardcoded
b.) have an extra string for e.g. "{item}." and "{item}:"

Or, put differently: are there any cases where you'll want to vary this sort of terminating punctuation (differently than it's done on the english site) based on the content of {item}?

I'd guess probably not, but there's often strange language-specific things I don't know about, so I like to ask.

--
Ian McEwen <[hidden email]> <[hidden email]>
A262 D5C4 40CB 0E1C 5F24 C3A1 ABED 1ABD 7131 A76F

Re: Strings varying only by period or colon

Alexander Dupuy-3