Suzuki Method International

Nicolás Tamargo de Eguren
I just happened to see this "artist"  http://musicbrainz.org/artist/08809019-2a31-4b5c-928a-d57b7742b224  and I would like some opinions on what to do with it. Clearly the performers should be moved to the artist fields, but "Suzuki Method International, Performer" looks a bit ridiculous. But I imagine keeping them together somehow makes sense... So, any ideas?

Re: Suzuki Method International

CallerNo6
IMO, three simple steps.

1. add an artist annotation linking to the Series wiki page
2. leave the artist as-is until we get a proper Series entity implemented
3. remind people that we could use some input on the "Series support
discussion" thread (
http://musicbrainz.1054305.n4.nabble.com/Series-support-discussion-tp4637147.html
)

Alex / caller#6

On 09/04/2012 12:56 AM, Nicolás Tamargo de Eguren wrote:
> I just happened to see this "artist"
> http://musicbrainz.org/artist/08809019-2a31-4b5c-928a-d57b7742b224
> and I would like some opinions on what to do with it. Clearly the
> performers should be moved to the artist fields, but "Suzuki Method
> International, Performer" looks a bit ridiculous. But I imagine
> keeping them together somehow makes sense... So, any ideas?

Re: Suzuki Method International

Dibou
I created this "Suzuki Music International" artist to keep those releases together, indeed... but I am not sure that the "Series" concept (that I did not know) would apply here.

Perhaps should we simply not consider these releases as classical music. They were made for the specific purpose of learning how to play music and not to be listen as albums...

At the beginning the tracklists we not compliant with CSG at all. I began to edit them and introduced accurate classical titles. But it was before NGS (no works, no recording...). Now, with NGS, I wonder if it was a so good idea...