Towards a DJ extension

Sebastian Pipping
While we're at flushing my brain toilet :-) let me drop
a few ideas for a DJ extension.  There was a request
for something like this some time ago.  If it's still
valid please come up again.

My idea basically is to combine these three related
features into a single extension:
- pause before/after/between tracks
- gaps in tracks, skipping or selecting parts
- repeating and re-ordering slices of a track

Let me give three markup samples to show you what I
have in mind:

1. "Normal playback" but with 2 seconds extra pause
   after the track

   <script>
     <play>
     <wait>2000</wait>
   </script>

2. Skipping the 11th and 15th second of a track

   <slices>
     <use>10000</use>
     <skip>1000</skip>
     <use>3000</use>
     <skip>1000</skip>
   </slices>

3. Playing the first 10 seconds twice, do a 500ms pause,
   play the first 10 seconds twice again.

   <slices>
     <use>10000</use>
   </slices>
   <script>
     <play use="1">
     <play use="1">
     <wait>500</wait>
     <play use="1">
     <play use="1">
   </script>

With an empty or missing <script> all slices are played in order.

Sebastian

Re: Towards a DJ extension

Lucas Gonze
Anybody know software developers we can talk to about implementing it?

Or, what software out there is similar enough to use as a model?