Transifex shuffling translations around.

Transifex shuffling translations around.

Maurits Meulenbelt
Has anyone else run into Transifex misplacing translations?
For example I had to review my already translated languages and the translation for the language Zaza ended up with my translation from the instrument description of the barrel organ. Yesterday I had to fix a couple of translated languages I had just translated an hour earlier because translations of languages ended up next to the wrong language!

Re: Transifex shuffling translations around.

Nicolás Tamargo de Eguren
On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 2:55 PM, Maurits Meulenbelt
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Has anyone else run into Transifex misplacing translations?

Yes. No idea what causes it, and it's horribly annoying.

> For example I had to review my already translated languages and the
> translation for the language Zaza ended up with my translation from the
> instrument description of the barrel organ. Yesterday I had to fix a couple
> of translated languages I had just translated an hour earlier because
> translations of languages ended up next to the wrong language!

Re: Transifex shuffling translations around.

Mihkel Tõnnov
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Has anyone else run into Transifex misplacing translations?

Yes. No idea what causes it, and it's horribly annoying.

+ 1

Mihkel

Re: Transifex shuffling translations around.

Ian McEwen
On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 03:28:52PM +0300, Mihkel Tõnnov wrote:

> 2012/6/13 Nicolás Tamargo de Eguren <[hidden email]>
>
> > On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 2:55 PM, Maurits Meulenbelt
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Has anyone else run into Transifex misplacing translations?
> >
> > Yes. No idea what causes it, and it's horribly annoying.
> >

> + 1

Yeah, I've definitely had this happen. The recommended workaround seems
to be downloading the .po files and editing them locally -- or just
reviewing very carefully.

Ultimately I've been considering moving us to a different i18n platform,
perhaps weblate ( http://weblate.org/ ), but I thought the first steps
were making our software know how to use the translations themselves :)

> Mihkel

Ian McEwen <[hidden email]> <[hidden email]>
A262 D5C4 40CB 0E1C 5F24 C3A1 ABED 1ABD 7131 A76F
http://ianmcorvidae.net/

Re: Transifex shuffling translations around.

Alexander Dupuy-3

Weblate sounds interesting, especially the Git integration tracking every change.  If you're considering a somewhat more mature environment with Git support, you might want to look at Pootle (http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/pootle/index - example server at http://pootle.locamotion.org/). I could provide help getting this integrated as I have worked with the translate.org.za tools before.

@alex
--
mailto:[hidden email]

Re: Transifex shuffling translations around.

Maurits Meulenbelt
I've created a ticket for this problem on their bug tracker: https://github.com/transifex/transifex/issues/109
Feel free to weigh in.