Various Artists Release ACs

Lemire, Sebastien-2
Hey guys, I'm quite confused about something on MB and I'd like to shed some light on this.

I've added several Japanese Climax releases several weeks ago, they can be found using this search:

These are Various Artists releases, but the Japanese generally attribute such releases to "オムニバス". I've therefore decided to credit all these releases to Various Artists "credited as" オムニバス as can be seen in such edits as http://musicbrainz.org/edit/19163718

They were correctly attributed to オムニバス as I tagged my files immediately after entering the releases and were correctly credited as such.

Looking back today I just don't understand how all (except one) are now showing as "Various Artists". I don't see any edits for the change.

Can anyone explain this?

Sebastien

Re: Various Artists Release ACs

Nicolás Tamargo de Eguren

On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 8:15 AM, Lemire, Sebastien <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey guys, I'm quite confused about something on MB and I'd like to shed some light on this.

I've added several Japanese Climax releases several weeks ago, they can be found using this search:

These are Various Artists releases, but the Japanese generally attribute such releases to "オムニバス". I've therefore decided to credit all these releases to Various Artists "credited as" オムニバス as can be seen in such edits as http://musicbrainz.org/edit/19163718

They were correctly attributed to オムニバス as I tagged my files immediately after entering the releases and were correctly credited as such.

Looking back today I just don't understand how all (except one) are now showing as "Various Artists". I don't see any edits for the change.

Can anyone explain this?

If I remember correctly, there were some "Edit artist credit" edits to change all "オムニバス" and other language-specific credits to "Various Artists" (since releases almost never have "Various Artists" or any translation of it actually printed). So, I guess they passed. It would make sense for edit artist credit edits to show in the history for the entities they modify though, so if they don't maybe you should enter a ticket for it...

Sebastien

Re: Various Artists Release ACs

Simon ‘Chiark’ Austin
On 14/10/2012 06:15, Lemire, Sebastien wrote:

> Looking back today I just don't understand how all (except one) are
> now showing as "Various Artists". I don't see any edits for the change.
>
> Can anyone explain this?

You can search for "Edit Artist Credit" type edits for the "Various
Artists" artist to find them. Though it may time out first time around,
and there are a LOT of them... so you'll have to go back a few pages to
find the ones you want, maybe http://musicbrainz.org/edit/19243353 which
leads to http://musicbrainz.org/edit/18044905 and an IRC discussion at
http://chatlogs.musicbrainz.org/musicbrainz/2012/2012-06/2012-06-20.html#T08-45-32-291131

- Si