What character set should I use when rebuild database from mbdump?

What character set should I use when rebuild database from mbdump?

张永田
Hi musicbrainz-users,

I'm trying to rebuild musicbrainz database on a mysql database, but I can't find what character set should I use when create database.

Can anyone tell me what character set does mbdump use? I guess it can be utf-8 or latin-1.

Thanks.

--
Yongtian Zhang

Re: What character set should I use when rebuild database from mbdump?

Ian McEwen
utf-8.

--
Sent with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

Re: What character set should I use when rebuild database from mbdump?

张永田
I found my local database uses default latin-1 charset, which got me into trouble.
Thanks for your answer, it is fixed now! :-)

2013/9/23 Ian McEwen <[hidden email]>
utf-8.