Where to put performers

Tobias Schula
Hi!

I’m unsure where to put performers i.e. guitar player, drummer, bass player
etc. Is it recommended to relate them direct to the recordings on a release or
to the release itself? Are there official guidelines?

Tobias Schula

Re: Where to put performers

Nicolás Tamargo de Eguren
On Sun, Apr 21, 2013 at 10:55 PM, Tobias Schula <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi!

I’m unsure where to put performers i.e. guitar player, drummer, bass player
etc. Is it recommended to relate them direct to the recordings on a release or
to the release itself? Are there official guidelines?

  1. If the relationship is applicable to all tracks on a release, apply it to every work or recording on the release.
  2. If the relationship applies to only a few tracks, and you know which ones, apply it only to those works or recordings.
  3. If you are unsure which tracks a relationship applies to, put it at release level. A basic effort to determine to which tracks the relationship is applicable is appreciated.
  4. If the credit is release level, and does not apply on a track by track basis (e.g. graphic design for the album's cover), then apply the relationship to the release, not the tracks.

Re: Where to put performers

Tobias Schula
Am Sonntag, 21. April 2013, 22:58:37 schrieb Nicolás Tamargo de Eguren:

> On Sun, Apr 21, 2013 at 10:55 PM, Tobias Schula <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I’m unsure where to put performers i.e. guitar player, drummer, bass
> > player
> > etc. Is it recommended to relate them direct to the recordings on a
> > release or
> > to the release itself? Are there official guidelines?
>
> Yep! As per http://musicbrainz.org/doc/Style/Relationships :
>

>    1. If the relationship is applicable to all tracks on a release, apply
>    it to every work or recording on the release.
>    2. If the relationship applies to only a few tracks, and you know which
>    ones, apply it only to those works or recordings.
>    3. If you are unsure which tracks a relationship applies to, put it at
>    release level. A basic effort to determine to which tracks the
> relationship is applicable is appreciated.
>    4. If the credit is release level, and does not apply on a track by
>    track basis (e.g. graphic design for the album's cover), then apply the
>    relationship to the release, not the tracks.
Thank You, I must have overlooked it.