WikiDocs Transclusion interface

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

WikiDocs Transclusion interface

DonRedman
I just had to gather some thoughts on the interface of the transclusion  
table. Robert if you touch these things when integrating WikiDocs into the  
moderation system, then pick up as much of these suggestions as you like.  
They are really just suggestions.

It would be helpful if a row in the transclusion table would show the  
following entires

  - The name of the Wiki page
  - "doc" which links to the WikiDocsPage
  - "#12" the revision number of the WikiDocsPage
  - the date when the revision number was last changed
  - maybe the user who did that change
a thick vertical line
  - "wiki" which links to the WikiPage
  - "#15" the current revision number of the wiki page (how difficult is  
this to code? It would be really helpful IMO)

A link/button to edit and remove the entry.
I think a popup makes sense here, that asks you to enter a modnote.  
Additionally this popup could reload the information about the revision  
number (of the WikiDocsPage) to minimize race conditions if more than one  
person edits the table.

It would be nice if the table were sorted alphabetically by name.

And I noticed that the code still does not check whether the page actually  
exists, nor whether the revision exists.

I know I have asked for some features, which will require some more time.  
I just thought I should mention them in case you change the relevant piece  
of code anyway.

   DonRedman


--
Words that are written in CamelCase refer to WikiPages:
Visit http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/ the best MusicBrainz documentation  
around! :-)
_______________________________________________
Musicbrainz-experts mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.musicbrainz.org/mailman/listinfo/musicbrainz-experts
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: WikiDocs Transclusion interface

Robert Kaye
Administrator
Hmmm. Since my regular supplier of Hanuta's is currently... slacking,  
you'll have to fork over at least 10 - 15 Hanutas for all this crap.  
You're demanding!

:-)

On Apr 6, 2006, at 4:31 PM, Don Redman wrote:

> I just had to gather some thoughts on the interface of the  
> transclusion table. Robert if you touch these things when  
> integrating WikiDocs into the moderation system, then pick up as  
> much of these suggestions as you like. They are really just  
> suggestions.
>
> It would be helpful if a row in the transclusion table would show  
> the following entires
>
>  - The name of the Wiki page
>  - "doc" which links to the WikiDocsPage
>  - "#12" the revision number of the WikiDocsPage
>  - the date when the revision number was last changed
>  - maybe the user who did that change
> a thick vertical line
>  - "wiki" which links to the WikiPage
>  - "#15" the current revision number of the wiki page (how  
> difficult is this to code? It would be really helpful IMO)
>
> A link/button to edit and remove the entry.
> I think a popup makes sense here, that asks you to enter a modnote.  
> Additionally this popup could reload the information about the  
> revision number (of the WikiDocsPage) to minimize race conditions  
> if more than one person edits the table.
>
> It would be nice if the table were sorted alphabetically by name.
>
> And I noticed that the code still does not check whether the page  
> actually exists, nor whether the revision exists.
>
> I know I have asked for some features, which will require some more  
> time. I just thought I should mention them in case you change the  
> relevant piece of code anyway.
>
>   DonRedman
>
>
> --
> Words that are written in CamelCase refer to WikiPages:
> Visit http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/ the best MusicBrainz  
> documentation around! :-)

--

--ruaok      Somewhere in Texas a village is *still* missing its idiot.

Robert Kaye     --     [hidden email]     --    http://mayhem-chaos.net


_______________________________________________
Musicbrainz-experts mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.musicbrainz.org/mailman/listinfo/musicbrainz-experts
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: WikiDocs Transclusion interface

Robert Kaye
Administrator
In reply to this post by DonRedman
WikiDoc change tracking is now live on the server.


On Apr 6, 2006, at 4:31 PM, Don Redman wrote:
> It would be nice if the table were sorted alphabetically by name.

This is also live now. Those 5 extra characters were a freebie. No  
hanuta required.

--

--ruaok      Somewhere in Texas a village is *still* missing its idiot.

Robert Kaye     --     [hidden email]     --    http://mayhem-chaos.net


_______________________________________________
Musicbrainz-experts mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.musicbrainz.org/mailman/listinfo/musicbrainz-experts
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

RE: Re: WikiDocs Transclusion interface

g0llum
Hehe!
That was fast, or was it not? :)
Can we regularly try to merge changes from the release branch back to head?
I'm afraid most of them have to be done manually, I can do it if you would
provide me with a cvs line that compares head against the branch?

  regards, Stefan

> -----Original Message-----
> WikiDoc change tracking is now live on the server.

_______________________________________________
Musicbrainz-experts mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.musicbrainz.org/mailman/listinfo/musicbrainz-experts
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Re: WikiDocs Transclusion interface

Robert Kaye
Administrator

On Apr 7, 2006, at 10:53 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hehe!
> That was fast, or was it not? :)

I'm still trying to round out the last release and make bits finally
work they should. I hate rushing things -- you spend too much time
cleaning up in the end.

> Can we regularly try to merge changes from the release branch back to
> head?

How often should I do this?

> I'm afraid most of them have to be done manually, I can do it if you
> would
> provide me with a cvs line that compares head against the branch?

I'm fully willing to merge the changes back -- I'll clean up after
myself.

As far as the diff:

cvs -z9 diff -rRELEASE_20060310

should do the trick if you're currently on HEAD.

--

--ruaok         Somewhere in Texas a village is *still* missing its
idiot.

Robert Kaye     --     [hidden email]     --    http://mayhem-chaos.net

_______________________________________________
Musicbrainz-experts mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.musicbrainz.org/mailman/listinfo/musicbrainz-experts
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Re: WikiDocs Transclusion interface

Robert Kaye
Administrator
In reply to this post by g0llum

On Apr 7, 2006, at 10:53 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Can we regularly try to merge changes from the release branch back to
> head?

Done now and live on test.

But, why does it say draft in the background here:

http://test.musicbrainz.org/doc/FrequentlyAskedQuestions

??

> --

--ruaok         Somewhere in Texas a village is *still* missing its
idiot.

Robert Kaye     --     [hidden email]     --    http://mayhem-chaos.net

_______________________________________________
Musicbrainz-experts mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.musicbrainz.org/mailman/listinfo/musicbrainz-experts
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

RE: Re: WikiDocs Transclusion interface

g0llum
That was my understanding of the status of the transcluded documents, that
they are "draft" when displayed inside the mb_server interface, if they are
not offical wikidocs pages. I thought it would make this status more clear
if we added a watermark into the copied content. Maybe it should say
"unoffical" ?

> But, why does it say draft in the background here:
> http://test.musicbrainz.org/doc/FrequentlyAskedQuestions

Was it changed to be a wikidocs page since you sent your message?

  g0llum

_______________________________________________
Musicbrainz-experts mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.musicbrainz.org/mailman/listinfo/musicbrainz-experts
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Re: WikiDocs Transclusion interface

Robert Kaye
Administrator

On Apr 8, 2006, at 12:08 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> That was my understanding of the status of the transcluded documents,
> that
> they are "draft" when displayed inside the mb_server interface, if
> they are
> not offical wikidocs pages. I thought it would make this status more
> clear
> if we added a watermark into the copied content. Maybe it should say
> "unoffical" ?

Actually it shouldn't say anything. Don and I tweaked it ad nauseum
(read: DonRedman style) until he was happy with it. So, please just
remove the background.

>> But, why does it say draft in the background here:
>> http://test.musicbrainz.org/doc/FrequentlyAskedQuestions
>
> Was it changed to be a wikidocs page since you sent your message?

The transclusion table on test is borked, so there its not officially
transcluded.

> --

--ruaok         Somewhere in Texas a village is *still* missing its
idiot.

Robert Kaye     --     [hidden email]     --    http://mayhem-chaos.net

_______________________________________________
Musicbrainz-experts mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.musicbrainz.org/mailman/listinfo/musicbrainz-experts
Loading...