Work for "Se vuol ballare"?

Philip Jägenstedt
Eason Chan (a Hong Kong artist) has performed (part of) the aria "Se
vuol ballare" in two of his concerts:

http://musicbrainz.org/recording/85b1e8cd-76f8-4600-a855-575785baa97d
http://musicbrainz.org/recording/fc20a2b0-2555-48a5-9b8c-dd5509008c7d

I want to link these to a work, but searching finds no less than 4
works by Mozart:

http://musicbrainz.org/work/b0e6a624-1f89-3fb1-bc70-efb6df944734
http://musicbrainz.org/work/4f301be0-3592-318f-a49e-0a784700751d
http://musicbrainz.org/work/6091860c-e6d9-3d60-b2d2-737837e8bb4b
http://musicbrainz.org/work/bbbc44b8-a88f-399e-8919-e0e239d91b38

Should any of these be merged, and which is the correct naming
convention? Do any of these represent just the aria, or should I
create a new work called simply "Se vuol ballare"?

Thanks!

--
Philip Jägenstedt

Re: Work for "Se vuol ballare"?

Frederic Da Vitoria

2012/6/20 Philip Jägenstedt <[hidden email]>
Eason Chan (a Hong Kong artist) has performed (part of) the aria "Se
vuol ballare" in two of his concerts:

http://musicbrainz.org/recording/85b1e8cd-76f8-4600-a855-575785baa97d
http://musicbrainz.org/recording/fc20a2b0-2555-48a5-9b8c-dd5509008c7d

I want to link these to a work, but searching finds no less than 4
works by Mozart:

http://musicbrainz.org/work/b0e6a624-1f89-3fb1-bc70-efb6df944734
http://musicbrainz.org/work/4f301be0-3592-318f-a49e-0a784700751d
http://musicbrainz.org/work/6091860c-e6d9-3d60-b2d2-737837e8bb4b
http://musicbrainz.org/work/bbbc44b8-a88f-399e-8919-e0e239d91b38

Should any of these be merged, and which is the correct naming
convention? Do any of these represent just the aria, or should I
create a new work called simply "Se vuol ballare"?

First the easy one: I'd merge http://musicbrainz.org/work/b0e6a624-1f89-3fb1-bc70-efb6df944734 into http://musicbrainz.org/work/4f301be0-3592-318f-a49e-0a784700751d since they seem to refer to the same piece of music. I believe almost all users would agree that http://musicbrainz.org/work/6091860c-e6d9-3d60-b2d2-737837e8bb4b and http://musicbrainz.org/work/bbbc44b8-a88f-399e-8919-e0e239d91b38 would have to disappear.

I can't find if we ever decided how opera Works should be split. I think there was a discussion, that some users wanted to stop splitting at act level and some others wanted to go down to the last subdivision which could be found in the score. Did we manage to agree on something about this?

Re: Work for "Se vuol ballare"?

Nicolás Tamargo de Eguren
On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 11:55 PM, Frederic Da Vitoria
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> 2012/6/20 Philip Jägenstedt <[hidden email]>
>>
>> Eason Chan (a Hong Kong artist) has performed (part of) the aria "Se
>> vuol ballare" in two of his concerts:
>>
>> http://musicbrainz.org/recording/85b1e8cd-76f8-4600-a855-575785baa97d
>> http://musicbrainz.org/recording/fc20a2b0-2555-48a5-9b8c-dd5509008c7d
>>
>> I want to link these to a work, but searching finds no less than 4
>> works by Mozart:
>>
>> http://musicbrainz.org/work/b0e6a624-1f89-3fb1-bc70-efb6df944734
>> http://musicbrainz.org/work/4f301be0-3592-318f-a49e-0a784700751d
>> http://musicbrainz.org/work/6091860c-e6d9-3d60-b2d2-737837e8bb4b
>> http://musicbrainz.org/work/bbbc44b8-a88f-399e-8919-e0e239d91b38
>>
>> Should any of these be merged, and which is the correct naming
>> convention? Do any of these represent just the aria, or should I
>> create a new work called simply "Se vuol ballare"?
>

> First the easy one: I'd merge
> http://musicbrainz.org/work/b0e6a624-1f89-3fb1-bc70-efb6df944734 into
> http://musicbrainz.org/work/4f301be0-3592-318f-a49e-0a784700751d since they
> seem to refer to the same piece of music. I believe almost all users would
> agree that http://musicbrainz.org/work/6091860c-e6d9-3d60-b2d2-737837e8bb4b
> and http://musicbrainz.org/work/bbbc44b8-a88f-399e-8919-e0e239d91b38 would
> have to disappear.
>
> I can't find if we ever decided how opera Works should be split. I think
> there was a discussion, that some users wanted to stop splitting at act
> level and some others wanted to go down to the last subdivision which could
> be found in the score. Did we manage to agree on something about this?

I don't think we had a clear agreement. But I would think until that's
decided, those last two definitely could be split and removed...

> --
> Frederic Da Vitoria
> (davitof)
>
> Membre de l'April - « promouvoir et défendre le logiciel libre » -
> http://www.april.org

Re: Work for "Se vuol ballare"?

Philip Jägenstedt
On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 10:59 PM, Nicolás Tamargo de Eguren
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 11:55 PM, Frederic Da Vitoria
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>> 2012/6/20 Philip Jägenstedt <[hidden email]>
>>>
>>> Eason Chan (a Hong Kong artist) has performed (part of) the aria "Se
>>> vuol ballare" in two of his concerts:
>>>
>>> http://musicbrainz.org/recording/85b1e8cd-76f8-4600-a855-575785baa97d
>>> http://musicbrainz.org/recording/fc20a2b0-2555-48a5-9b8c-dd5509008c7d
>>>
>>> I want to link these to a work, but searching finds no less than 4
>>> works by Mozart:
>>>
>>> http://musicbrainz.org/work/b0e6a624-1f89-3fb1-bc70-efb6df944734
>>> http://musicbrainz.org/work/4f301be0-3592-318f-a49e-0a784700751d
>>> http://musicbrainz.org/work/6091860c-e6d9-3d60-b2d2-737837e8bb4b
>>> http://musicbrainz.org/work/bbbc44b8-a88f-399e-8919-e0e239d91b38
>>>
>>> Should any of these be merged, and which is the correct naming
>>> convention? Do any of these represent just the aria, or should I
>>> create a new work called simply "Se vuol ballare"?
>>

>> First the easy one: I'd merge
>> http://musicbrainz.org/work/b0e6a624-1f89-3fb1-bc70-efb6df944734 into
>> http://musicbrainz.org/work/4f301be0-3592-318f-a49e-0a784700751d since they
>> seem to refer to the same piece of music. I believe almost all users would
>> agree that http://musicbrainz.org/work/6091860c-e6d9-3d60-b2d2-737837e8bb4b
>> and http://musicbrainz.org/work/bbbc44b8-a88f-399e-8919-e0e239d91b38 would
>> have to disappear.
>>
>> I can't find if we ever decided how opera Works should be split. I think
>> there was a discussion, that some users wanted to stop splitting at act
>> level and some others wanted to go down to the last subdivision which could
>> be found in the score. Did we manage to agree on something about this?
>
> I don't think we had a clear agreement. But I would think until that's
> decided, those last two definitely could be split and removed...

I've merged the first two as suggested in
http://musicbrainz.org/edit/18055918 and that's what I'll link the
Eason Chan recordings to.

Does anyone with a clue about the correct formatting volunteer to
split the two that remain?

--
Philip Jägenstedt

Re: Work for "Se vuol ballare"?

Philip Jägenstedt
On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 8:46 AM, Philip Jägenstedt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 10:59 PM, Nicolás Tamargo de Eguren
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 11:55 PM, Frederic Da Vitoria
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> First the easy one: I'd merge
>>> http://musicbrainz.org/work/b0e6a624-1f89-3fb1-bc70-efb6df944734 into
>>> http://musicbrainz.org/work/4f301be0-3592-318f-a49e-0a784700751d since they
>>> seem to refer to the same piece of music. I believe almost all users would
>>> agree that http://musicbrainz.org/work/6091860c-e6d9-3d60-b2d2-737837e8bb4b
>>> and http://musicbrainz.org/work/bbbc44b8-a88f-399e-8919-e0e239d91b38 would
>>> have to disappear.
>>>
>>> I can't find if we ever decided how opera Works should be split. I think
>>> there was a discussion, that some users wanted to stop splitting at act
>>> level and some others wanted to go down to the last subdivision which could
>>> be found in the score. Did we manage to agree on something about this?
>>
>> I don't think we had a clear agreement. But I would think until that's
>> decided, those last two definitely could be split and removed...
>
> I've merged the first two as suggested in
> http://musicbrainz.org/edit/18055918 and that's what I'll link the
> Eason Chan recordings to.
>
> Does anyone with a clue about the correct formatting volunteer to
> split the two that remain?

Oh, and thanks for helping out!

--
Philip Jägenstedt