Writing genres to tags

Grant-2
Can picard write only the genre I tagged an album with to my files if
I'm logged in?

- Grant

Re: Writing genres to tags

lixobix
Grant-2 wrote
Can picard write only the genre I tagged an album with to my files if
I'm logged in?

- Grant

You can add a new tag called "Genre" in Picard, then I think you can enter whatever you want.

Re: Writing genres to tags

Grant-2
>> Can picard write only the genre I tagged an album with to my files if
>> I'm logged in?
>>
>> - Grant
>
> You can add a new tag called "Genre" in Picard, then I think you can enter
> whatever you want.

Can I have the tag I enter for an album on musicbrainz.org written to
the album's files?  I seem to remember some sort of functionality like
this in picard previously but I can't remember the details.

- Grant

Re: Writing genres to tags

Philipp Wolfer-2
Hi,

2013/8/16 Grant <[hidden email]>

Can I have the tag I enter for an album on musicbrainz.org written to
the album's files?  I seem to remember some sort of functionality like
this in picard previously but I can't remember the details.

Yes, you can. Just enable the option "Use folksonomy tags as genre" under Options > Metadata. If you want to use only your tags and not the community tags enable this in the "Folksonomy Tags" suboptions. If you have not already set your user name and password you will need to login the next time Picard requests information from the server.