Writing ratings to tags

Grant-2
Can Picard write ratings from musicbrainz.org to the music files?

- Grant

Re: Writing ratings to tags

Philipp Wolfer-2
Hi,

2013/8/16 Grant <[hidden email]>
Can Picard write ratings from musicbrainz.org to the music files?

Nearly same answer as for the genre tags: Enable this option under Options > Metadata > Ratings. The E-Mail you enter there is just to allow having different ratings in the same file. Some tag formats (especially ID3) store that in the file together with the rating itself. It does not have to be a real e-mail address and you can basically enter anything you want there ( I think Windows Media Player uses "Windows Media Player 9 Series").

Philipp

Re: Writing ratings to tags

Grant-2
>> Can Picard write ratings from musicbrainz.org to the music files?
>

> Nearly same answer as for the genre tags: Enable this option under Options >
> Metadata > Ratings. The E-Mail you enter there is just to allow having
> different ratings in the same file. Some tag formats (especially ID3) store
> that in the file together with the rating itself. It does not have to be a
> real e-mail address and you can basically enter anything you want there ( I
> think Windows Media Player uses "Windows Media Player 9 Series").
>
> Philipp

Many thanks Philipp.

- Grant